Pollinating female auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnieB

Reaction score
If i use a male photoperiod to pollinate a female auto flower. What will the seeds be?

I’m late for this but I make female pollen I don’t even keep male plants,
You just have to spray the female with CS spray collect the pollen

I’ve made plenty of strains
Here’s a sour gorilla auto I made
Gorilla glue/sour kush

no males were used

Attachments

• 443DB05A-ADBE-4AC0-A914-1A0031B989CE.jpeg
    443DB05A-ADBE-4AC0-A914-1A0031B989CE.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15
An even mixture of male and female as well as a high majority being photoperiod with a small percentage retaining the auto flower traits.
Chad are you familiar how Auto seeds are made?
I have a few highly sought after auto seeds and I wanted to do seeds to save the strain.
Or anyone else who may know how.

Chad are you familiar how Auto seeds are made?
I have a few highly sought after auto seeds and I wanted to do seeds to save the strain.
Or anyone else who may know how.

If you have some auto's that you like, you would want to reverse them, which passes on the female trait and also the auto trait but you will need to do this for 3-4 generations in order to really lock in the auto trait and have the majority express it. Each subsequent generation, your ratio of auto's will get higher.

If you have some auto's that you like, you would want to reverse them, which passes on the female trait and also the auto trait but you will need to do this for 3-4 generations in order to really lock in the auto trait and have the majority express it. Each subsequent generation, your ratio of auto's will get higher.
OK Thanks I had a feeling it was harder than just using a male photo to female auto, or CS to make her flower.

If you breed an auto with a photo strain, in the F1 generation, you will not have any autoflower progeny (assuming both parents are true breeding for their respective photoperiod traits) The F1 generation will generally flower earlier than the photoperiod parent outdoors ( longer inductive photoperiod) and will often exhibit rootbound flowering characteristics.

I want some seeds from some of my rare seeds. But they're all females
You can induce one of them to produces male bud. Go to health food suppliers for colidial silver. Pick a spot or two on the plant and paint a little on there. Repeat wait for male bud to form. My reading says you must not smoke that plant. Not sure why, must be the smoking of it,as I have consumed colidial silver orally many times...

Bubba

Hey Bubba,

Colloidal silver works well for some, but I find it to be a pain in the ass to work with. I can recommend STS or Silver Thiosulphate Solution. This is easy to make, and provides a very strong reversal response in most cultivars with just two sprays. I think silver is like most heavy metals, beneficial for us, (and our plants) but can cause serious health issues in high dosages. I would recommend handling STS with the knowledge that the concentrations used are potentially toxic.

Latest posts

Back