Polymer Crystals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard that Polymer Crystals hold like 300 times their weight in water or something like that. Can they be used in substitute of water? I have no idea what they are or what they do, but if anyone could fill be in it would be great. Thanks

I googled Polymer Crystals and read some stuff about them. I'm pretty stoked about what I read. How long will they hold water? And how much of them do I mix in with the soil when I plant my girls outdoors?

I was talking to my guy at the hydro store i go to and he spoke highly of them. I was questioning on if they would work for a 8 day vacation and he said i'd be ok with them (of course a drip system would work a lot better and I grow indoor) I think the ratio from soil to crystals is usally found on the package. If you're going to replace the soil you're growing with outdoors i'm sure adding these would be great but i'm not sure if they would restrict root growth to find the natural water table.. Never grown out doors so i'm just speculating.

Latest posts

Back