poor fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I have spent a small fortune buying small oscillating fans for the tent but they are all crap and break or start making grinding noises soon after using for a while.
I dont have room for a proper table fan in the tent so the smaller the better, but I need something that will last. I don't think the cheaper oscillating fans were designed to be used 24/7.
Can anyone please share what they have used that lasts and is small?
Also, do you need oscillation or can you point a few stationary fans in different directions without causing wind burn on the colas?
Thanks for any advice.

I dont use oscillating fans. I have a fans airflow bouncing off a wall in my growroom.

Conn
I have one of those i have been using for me when i sleep. Its a couple yrs old and still runs great. Would work good in a grow room.

I am with hopper. I use cheap clip on fans. I clip them to the top of my tent and bounce the airflow off the walls. Haven't had to replace any in years now. I am surprised at how long they have lasted.

Honestly I get mine at family Dollar, ten bucks each usually two at a time so twenty bucks every year or so.lasco is the brand.happy growing my peeps

sorted

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_142329.jpg
    IMG_20201105_142329.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20201105_142336.jpg
    IMG_20201105_142336.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 11
I am with hopper. I use cheap clip on fans. I clip them to the top of my tent and bounce the airflow off the walls. Haven't had to replace any in years now. I am surprised at how long they have lasted.
So you don't get mold problems with just bouncing some fans off the walls?
I also noticed several photos of fans apparently above the lights in some of the replies.
Is the idea just good air circulation? Do you place fans below the plants too?
I thought that making the young plants sway a bit made them develop strong stems and the oscillating fans are good for this.
Thanks to everyone for their advice.

I have never had mold. My plants all slightly wave with the fans. I am very good about keeping things pruned up in the center of the plants and yes I do have fans on the floor circulating. And finally my fans are above the plants blowing down on them. By the way, I live in high desert....humidity is always low and I am always fighting for more humidity. I keep my flower room between 40 and 50%. Never above 60%.....

Latest posts

Back