pop up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dirtysox

just got done placing germinated seeds into moist soil, how long does it typically take for growth to pop up the untrue leaves above the soil

Most of mine show themselves within the first three days. I would give them 7 days to break soil before I threw them out. Also, make sure you only bury the seedlings just under the soil with the taproot pointing up. That will help, I think. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

mine have popped anywhere from 2 days to a week

This is why I put the seeds in a glass of water in a warm dark area...then you can see them getting a small tap root and then put them in soil...not every seed will pop and I don't want to waste a week wondering if it is a dud or not...

Hamster Lewis said:
This is why I put the seeds in a glass of water in a warm dark area...then you can see them getting a small tap root and then put them in soil...not every seed will pop and I don't want to waste a week wondering if it is a dud or not...

they had tap roots

i'll second hamsters comments. I perfer to germinate the seeds before transfer to the growing medium

all of minez have popped in a day or two at most. i place a bag over the top of the pot or tray to raise the humidity and temperature. once they sprout take the bag off, so it doesnt encourage any mould growth.

Latest posts

Back