Poppies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
:confused: :confused: I have some red (opium) poppies that I have been growing for a few years now.Just a few at a time. I just wondering if anyone knows if could be busted for growing them? Growing Medical MJ I have to think of my other patients that I grow for. Safe and sane.Green blessings.

yes,you can be busted if you are cultivating them.if you have alot,you will get hassled,just a few as accented additions will not cause alarm.Most people dont know what they look like,but they will ask questions of a strange flower they have never seen before :p especially a stem with a funny looking bulbous head ...
stay cool

Man, that's opium! As in, the precursor of heroin. And it is strongly addictive. Which for me would be a pretty strong indicator not to grow or use.

FUM. From my understanding those are highly iilegal unless your growing them fer seed use fer cooking. Even then you have to have a special stamp or permit to even have them.

That particular flower is unknowingly grown all across the country in many a graden. It comes in many flower mixes and if they are not sliced and nothing else unlawful is going on then there will be no issues. However if you get busted for growing weed and they noticed the red flowers in the garden (even if they are not sliced) they could still tack it on as a another charge. And I'm sure they would. Their philosophy is tack on as much as possible, whenever possible and see what it filters down to after the lawyers are done.

Theirs a LOT of misunderstanding regarding the laws of this flower, not to mention a huge gray area. But it's still red tape you don't want to get tangled in, even if you are right..

And if in the future you feel the need to grow such a beautiful flower, for aesthetic reasons only of course, they do come in colors other than red. :hubba:

Actually the opium poppy is white, I believe. The common cornfield poppy is red. But they probably all produce some amount of narcotic. Even lettuce can be used as a narcotic.

opium poppies come in many colors. Red is the most notorious but not actually the strongest.

Your right LM lettuce,cabbage, even stunk cabbage is a narcotic. I have seen poppies growing in old ladies gardens since I was a child, even my grandma grew poppies. I have grow all kinds flowers with my poppies and will continue to grow then. I have gone out and play fum poppy seed, like Johnny apple seed and spread some seeds around so that everyone has some to plant the next year. If it ever got down to the nitty gritty one may need these seeds for pain if these no Dr.s around. I aways plan for the worse and hope for the best. I just won't cut them, for sure.Green blessings

Latest posts

Back