popular fertilizer-brand with surprisingly low nutrient-level.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrovich

Reaction score
hello folks,
i was just making some research on NPK ratios of grow and bloom fertilizers, because my really didnt come with a real dosage advice. I stumbled over the brans "Advanced Hydroponics of Holland", they seem to be quite popular..and also not cheap. Now the title isnt meant to trash them in any way, how could i, ive never even done a single growth so far and their success gives the credit. All im capeable of is some math and i realized that their nutrients and the recommendation of dosage is quite lower that what ive seen in a number of nutrient plans.

Their fertilizers come in a way of 3 components, grow, bloom and micro. Micro does not only contain micronutrients, but also a lot of N. Depending on the 3 stages veg, flower and late flower, youre supposed to mix the 3 fertilizers in a different way. Ill spare you the details, you can look them up yourself, what i did is count all the nutrients together to come up with the ppm, which is milligram/Liter.

So thats what you get when you follow their protocol

N

I use MG soil in Vegg and add MG Bloom Booster or Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Fox Farms CalMag in flower.

General Hydroponics Flora Micro and Flora Bloom with a splash f cal mag as needed

someone edited my post...i wrote exactly how much N,P and K they recommend for each phase but now its gone..my whole post doesnt make sense without these numbers

Now i have edited your post. Look on the bottom right corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody can edit your post but you and us Mods. WE have no reason to edit NPK numbers. And if we do it will show EDITED by Moderator at the bottom right corner.

Ill give you an example on your last post.

After over a decade running GH 3 part my plants all went deficient. I tested the nutes and found them to be weaker then my notes showed they should be from a decade ago…I doubled micro after a lot of other tests and discovered GH nearly halved the concentration of the last 5 gallons of micro ive gone through in the last 2 years.

They are profit pinching. It’s not just GH it’s all industry worldwide. Thank your politicians for printing so much money that they devalued the dollar to about half in 2 years.

And if we do you will told why very quickly.

ah ok so here we go again...in case someones interested...these are the dosages they give:
(calculated to 1ml Fertilzer/liter, if you multiplie by 10, you get the ppm(which is same as milligram/liter))

in Veg: N(9,5) P(7,4) K(16) (or 2ml Fertilizer/l with following ratio: N(4,75) P(3,7) K(8), just for illustration.
in Flower N(7) P(11.2) K(16)
in late Flower N(4,5) P(15) K(16)

could it be that hydroponics-fertilizer-plans are usually less concentrated than for soil?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back