Portable Air Conditioner Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a portable A/C for a room sectioned off in the basement and was wondering if anybody vents the exhaust into the open space of their basement instead of outside. I don't have any windows close enough to the room for the exhaust duct. Any suggestions???

yep...you can exhaust the heat into another room...peeps like to use the extra heat to heat another room...what are you doing to bring in fresh air?..its a must..

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
yep...you can exhaust the heat into another room...peeps like to use the extra heat to heat another room...what are you doing to bring in fresh air?..its a must..

:48:

Thanks bro. The basement is a decent size so I cut a hole in the wall of the grow area to bring in air from the basement itself. Is that ok?

you will overwork the AC unit and it will not cool right, if you bring fresh air in from the same area you are exhuasting the hot air from the AC unit

Trojan46312 said:
I'm looking to get a portable A/C for a room sectioned off in the basement and was wondering if anybody vents the exhaust into the open space of their basement instead of outside. I don't have any windows close enough to the room for the exhaust duct. Any suggestions???

You can do it. I do without almost any problems. Fresh air from one side, exhaust to the other.

One thing I do is put a charcoal filter pad over the end of the exhaust hose (with a rubber band). It does help, but it doesn't completely get rid of odor, so be prepared. You don't want to block the exhaust too much or you'll really strain the unit.

It's hot air coming from the exhaust, so try to keep the exhaust hose in an area away from the stairs or any openings to the main levels of the house or the whole house will smell (stinky heat rises). Also- keep them away from air handlers if your homes hvac system has them.

Good luck to you and happy growing.:cool:

Latest posts

Back