Post Your Ride Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first licensed ride was a '68 Chevy Impala, 307, with a trunk you could stick four buddies in when you went to the drive in. Two door fast back. Loved that car. Push the front seat back and didn't have to bother hoping into the back for a little lovin'. She was box stock, old lady mufflers, original hubcaps, etc. I wanted a vehicle that didn't stick out 'cause I was moving a little illegal stuff back in high school.
I checked around a few years back to see if'n I could afford to replace her. Nope.
Land Yacht I had a Pont/Bonneville with 400 under hood talk about a big cruiser

My first ride was a 1970 Dodge Super Bee with pop up scoops and i was running headers. Every cop in Irving hated my guts.😁

My first ride was a 1970 Dodge Super Bee with pop up scoops and i was running headers. Every cop in Irving hated my guts.😁
I bet you started early in life LOL
1617474486400.png

My first licensed ride was a '68 Chevy Impala, 307, with a trunk you could stick four buddies in when you went to the drive in. Two door fast back. Loved that car. Push the front seat back and didn't have to bother hoping into the back for a little lovin'. She was box stock, old lady mufflers, original hubcaps, etc. I wanted a vehicle that didn't stick out 'cause I was moving a little illegal stuff back in high school.
I checked around a few years back to see if'n I could afford to replace her. Nope.

I had the exact same car. Mine was silver with a black vinyl top.

Very Fun To Dive My Sleeper....on a street light
a bike can have a big problem
if is not read to RACE....I am ready to race 24)7
and i did have 2criminal case with cars not stopping for copass
last time 5 cars from the copass and I did arrive to work
but my day did not finish well....take my word 😔
and it not in jail it finish....at the hospital:Dgreat
but for a (psychiatric assessment 22days)😂 no jail great
But the Judge did not fine my work FUNNY at all
banned my for 2x2 years....2 years it the maximum
the judge can give me but the ass give me 2x2years
so 4 years with know driver license....but i did not stop driving
but i woes very Slow on the street for 4 years:angiesfavorite:
tenor (4).gif
tenor (5).gif
tenor (6).gif

tenor (7).gif

tenor.gif

Smoke Sleeper....:cool:Honda DelSol SIR 97 Turbo 400HP 40K
P1570533.JPG

It look stock....Lollll
P1570520.JPG

I can adjust all the important things like Fuil,Air,Fire,Turbo
with a Ordinator in the car with a screen in the dash
giving me all the info on the engine
i can adjust the turbo if i need from 6to20 pounds of boost
P1570526.JPG

A 2 sets very lite and FUN to drive....😇
P1570523_LI.jpg

chevy-nova.jpg

My Nova. It had the 5.6L V8 but also, drum brakes. So, it was fast, but you couldn't stop. American car companies refused to pay royalties to use British disc brake patents.

Last edited:
mgc.jpg

This was my MGC GT. instead of the 1.8L 4 cyl, it had an inline 6 cyl, 3L motor. The gearbox had electrical overdrive on 3rd and 4th, giving 6 ratios. I used to cruise at 100+ on the motorways.

OMG. Please post pictures when that baby arrives!! dont tell me the color!! surprise me.

Well, here she is. Leaving the dealership today and expected to arrive on Wednesday. I need to hurry up and organize the garage to make room for her. I had the roof left unpainted so the carbon fiber is exposed.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

View attachment 270950
This was my MGC GT. instead of the 1.8L 4 cyl, it had an inline 6 cyl, 3L motor. The gearbox had electrical overdrive on 3rd and 4th, giving 6 ratios. I used to cruise at 100+ on the motorways.
My brother had a '68 MGC, in blue, with a rag top. He bought it new from the dealer. All aluminum body, which he thought wouldn't rust in the Michigan winters. Aluminum doesn't rust; it oxidizes, which is the same thing! It had twin factory SU carbs that decided to fart and catch fire one day. He'd just filled up the gas tank, and it happened in a busy intersection. He took off like a scared deer and then realized the electric fuel pump was still feeding gas to the fire. He ran back, burned his hands popping the hood, and beat the flames out with his brand new B-17 style leather jacket. Believe it or not, the insurance company paid for all, including the jacket.

My brother had a '68 MGC, in blue, with a rag top. He bought it new from the dealer. All aluminum body, which he thought wouldn't rust in the Michigan winters. Aluminum doesn't rust; it oxidizes, which is the same thing! It had twin factory SU carbs that decided to fart and catch fire one day. He'd just filled up the gas tank, and it happened in a busy intersection. He took off like a scared deer and then realized the electric fuel pump was still feeding gas to the fire. He ran back, burned his hands popping the hood, and beat the flames out with his brand new B-17 style leather jacket. Believe it or not, the insurance company paid for all, including the jacket.
The convertible MGC was very rare. I had one briefly but it was an automatic, and the auto box was lazy and horrible.

And just to prove I really am an ******* (as per the Denis Leary song) I had one of these. A 1972 Cadillac Eldorado. 472 cu.in. (7.7L) V8 FWD. It did about 7 mpg. Finally, the engine caught fire and it went up in flames, for which I was thankful.
caddy.jpeg

I had a '71 Caddy hearse with a 501 and seven doors. Lacked a hundred pounds of weighing a full three tons. 23 feet, bumper to bumper. Got seven miles to the gallon.

Had a '76 Riviera with a 455 that got 9 mph. My '57 Chevy didn't do much better, suckin' air through 2 factory 4 barrels on it's 283.

Those old car bodies were tough as nails unlike the this shit they are made out of nowadays.
You could wrap an old car around a tree on the way home from the Gin Mill and walk away unscathed almost every time
Unless the windshield eats you .

The thing with the Eldorado, the hood was so freaking long that you couldn't see anything on the road that was closer than about 40 or 50 yards away. So at night, if you used dipped headlights, you drove into a pool of darkness - the reach of the dipped beams stopped before your line of sight began. Then there was the ludicrous idea of it being FWD. Put it in auto, hit the go pedal, the front wheels spun, the box changed into top gear, the car stalled, changed down, spun the wheels again... repeat ad nauseam. By a long way, the worst car I ever had.

can you tell me what kind of car this is? My best bro out in Vegas owns it... grew up with him modifying all our
rides and we had a few from 240z to 69 GTO to 73 Gran Prix SS 455, 70 Monte Carlo SS 454, 66 Impala 327.. like I said, lots of cars and I miss a bunch... this was between 16 and age 22... what a run... oh 72 Cutless W31

100_0019 (2).JPG
100_0018 (2).JPG

Currently I'm driving the "Axima" .. the M is missing. been waiting for a Toyota 4runner to get rebuilt and it's worth
waiting for... plus he's loaned me a car to drive while we await the heads to be redone and of course all the machine shops are slammed... been 3wks already waiting... ugh.. *** right? but I've priced other vehicles and no way I can
get this deal anywhere else... hopefully next week I'll be driving it....

Latest posts

Back