postboiled nutrient rich water for plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potplusguitar

Reaction score
Recently stumbled on a page saying you could keep water used to boil veggies/pasta and once cooled can be used to water your plants. I totally believe the bit about veggies but i was just curious as to what nutritional value pasta would have for my girl. Its pasta for dinner tonight so i thought id ask around. Cheers!:icon_smile::icon_smile:

Yup pasta pot ;) get it please pasta the pot! Dont knows answer to ya friend but thread be good chuckle and folk need that time to time thankin ya for the chuckle ;) I like the idea of pasta pot.

BWD

Bet the water be havin added nutrients in it fur sure, dont know ifin they be good for growin cant see why not. Others here be more smart the topic wait bout a minute or two some good folk be helpin ya.

BWD

sure to enrich with Vitamins T & H & C...:rofl:

you know my mother always told me to NOT boil veggies because it cooks out alot of the vitamins. Now those vitamins have to sure enuff be in the water right...:confused2: I'd have to say it couldn't hurt...?

But I couldn't really tell you for sure, I use FF nutes (and only BigBloom)

I love old wives tales cause i am one. well, not the tail...just an old wife.

I used to water with coffee and tea, and veg water. I don't do that anymore. For one thing I salt my vegis, not good for plants, and I don't know but would guess the plants can't take in the nutrients in cooked food. I vote no. Not on my girls.

Rosebud said:

I used to water with coffee and tea, and veg water. I don't do that anymore. For one thing I salt my vegis, not good for plants, and I don't know but would guess the plants can't take in the nutrients in cooked food. I vote no. Not on my girls.

These be good points to pilgrem! Never thought bout addin salt to food and then addin to plant. Pilgrem this here Rose gots yur back right! Sorry to almost mislead, not me intention .

BWD

Rosebud said:

:yeahthat:

Plus, I REALLY salt my pasta water.

Big plus, my younger 'old wife' of 37 years does great by saving the used coffee grounds for the worms when she gets the coffee maker ready at night, so all I have to do is turn it on.

I wouldn't even consider asking about saving used cooking water.:holysheep:
A mans got to know his limitations.:eek: :hubba:

Wet

Didn't think about salt present but the OP didn't say anything about salt. I personally use a drop of olive/veg oil in my pasta, no salt. (got me a fast beatin' ticker a do)

I like old wives' tails myself, and young wives' tails, midwives' tails, even nonwives' tails :hubba: Oh you said TALES :doh: my bad :D

Hushpuppy said:
I like old wives' tails myself, and young wives' tails, midwives' tails, even nonwives' tails :hubba: Oh you said TALES :doh: my bad :D

LOL Hushpuppy. I think i wrote tails....funny.:D

I can show a few tails ;) What ya want wolf, coon, mink got few hangin bout.

BWD

I gotta agree with 7 on boiling your veggies....what a waste of good veggies. I usually steam my veggies. Boiling them is never an option in my house...don't want them losing all the goodness not to mention a hell of a lot of the taste. Jmo

:yeahthat:

steaming veggies is the way to go, plus you can garlic up your water and steam garlic right into them YUM YUM

For your info, i always steam my vegi's but i salt the tiny bit of water.

Hamster Lewis said:
I gotta agree with 7 on boiling your veggies....what a waste of good veggies. I usually steam my veggies. Boiling them is never an option in my house...don't want them losing all the goodness not to mention a hell of a lot of the taste. Jmo

Hey ML my pilgrem friend I like to boil cause then I use the water chilled in fridge as refreshment gets 2 features to meal that way rather then one. Viddles boil vegatable and my nutriant rish vegatable drink. hey we do what we need to in the bush ya no ;) or were are just board or weird oh I dont know I here banjo playin in the off gotta go.

BWD

Its the starches in the pasta that they like, or the micro organisms like, not sure why it helps but I remember hearing that somewhere and it was the starches that supposedly help.

no dont use any water you have use for cooking to give to your plants

Latest posts

Back