pot belly pig and MJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbo_Stonerz

PackinThaBowlinOnt_Stoner
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a miniature pot belly piglet but i was wondering if anyone knew if a pig would be negatively affected by mj smoke. I don't plan on purposely getting him high, just the affects of me smoking in the same room/house. I've seen lots of dogs and cats that love to get high but i don't know anyone with a stoner piglet.:confused:

Well let me be the first to say i don't agree with getting any animals high. Who is to say they wanna get high, not them. Keep your bud for yourself. ;)

i think the pig would be no different than any other pet....and i am sure you won't be sitting there forcing smoke into the pigs face right?

why not get a stoner piglet....i want pics ;)

No I dont plan on purposely getting him high, I dont purposely get any animals high. But I have seen quite a few dogs and cats with a buzz just from being in the room. My place isnt overly big or small and it does get a lil smokey at times. I was just wondering if having a pig in a pot smoke filled room is bad for the pig. For my pwn well being i always have a window open and a fan blowing out when i smoke but as I said once you get 6 or more people hitting the bong it tends to get quite smokey.

I'll tell you about the neighbors pot belly pig. While it was a baby, it was a cute little thing that even I found hard to put down or ignore. As it progressively got more and more spoiled and untrained, it became very territorial and would attack anyone who it felt was in it's way or getting more attention than it was. It bit pretty damn hard. I was asked to leave after giving it the boots when it bit me. It also had tusks that became very dangerous. It learned how to use them and one day, it sliced open the lady's leg who owned it. She almost lost her foot as a result of the infection in the leg. They let me shoot the pig. It couldn't even get eaten because it ate everything it got in it's mouth. Including a pound of mothballs, and various other chemicals that never seemed to hurt it other than making it crap all over their house with severe diarrhea.

Since then, I've heard several other similar stories about those critters.

You might want to re-think getting yourself into that mess or keep a gun handy for the little porker.

I'm not trying to down your idea, but I'm betting you haven't spoken to many inside the house pig owners. I've been told by animal trainers that it's MANDATORY to train them and even that depends on each particular animal.

Good luck to you man. I'll keep my pork on my plate. Hahahahaha

Harsh pig story, Stoney. And I've also heard of some pretty rude pig stories. They will eat anything, just for the sake of eating it. I've heard of them eating wood. But I'm sure you can train them if you got a lotta spare time. Find a Pig Forum or something. If I were you though, I'd spend some money on some kinda pup, but then again I'm a bit of a dog person.

My friend has a cat that always gets high, and once got into a bag of coke. Had catnip effects on it.

Whatever you do, good luck.

Stoney are you sure your friend had a bot belly pig or a bore? The ones I'm looking at don't have tusks, they grow to a max weight of 90lbs. They do have teeeth and prob will bite but thats no diff. then a dog. Training a pig is kinda the same as a dog. You can teach it to use the litter box or go outside so it doesnt use the house as its toilet. They play games like a dog and love attention. I have heard that they can get territorial but so do some dogs and cats. I guess it does come down to the training and disposition of the pig. I plan on getting one from a registered breeder, that has their piglets registered and have proper breeding processes, no in-breeding! I wouldnt mind talking to a few "indoor pig owners" but unfortunately i dont know any:( Research is my #1 before i get myself a piglett!

Ptbo_Stonerz said:
Stoney are you sure your friend had a bot belly pig or a bore? The ones I'm looking at don't have tusks, they grow to a max weight of 90lbs. Research is my #1 before i get myself a piglett!

You can google "potbellied pig" and find thousands of links to stories about raising them Ptob_Stonerz. The pig they got was from a breeder as well. All of the male pigs, pot belly or not are boars that will grow tusks that either have to be dulled or surgically removed. Get yourself a female and you'll not have to worry about that issue. They may have breeds that grow no tusks, but I haven't heard about that.

Training, training, training is the best advice I can give to anyone getting an animal. The animal will be happier because it will know how to please you and you'll be happier because the animal will be doing things that please you.

Any "in-house" pet can become a nightmare if totally untrained. We all know stories about those animals.

Good luck to you man. I hope you're new pet will be another fun part of your life.

Latest posts

Back