Pot Belly's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hazewarrior said:
What do yo mean real weed? Are those things plastic or something? lol.

Hey Haze -

Yes it is day 76. Here's the deal.........

On the pot growing for me, I got started when "my man" aka Dealer Dude went sour and created a bad situation for me. Said the heck with it, and tossed some bag seed beans in a pot. I've known for a long time the basics such as MH, HPS lighting, basic gardening, cloning, light cycle to induce bud, etc...

But didn't know anything else. Around here you just get a bag of brown whatever. There isn't any NYCD or white widow, Kush or you know what I mean. I thought pot was pot. Been growing and cloning same stock for a year and a half. Been good bud with nothing to compare to as far as homegrown.

Plus, I've been learning on nutes, pruning, training techniques, and no-no's. Been doing OK until I started to look for something online and found MarP back in May this year.

Now I see plenty of room for improvement on some very important things: Plant genetics, and nutrition.

Nutrition: I need to get some Fox Farms or Canna Nutes. In flower, I am currently using MG Bloom booster 15-30-15. I know, I know........:eek:

Also learning about pruning as I said in earlier posts, etc...... It's not meant to be cut on when in bloom stage.

Most of all I don't think this strain was meant to be grown under lights in a micro-grow. It is meant to grow towards the sun and get very large before her hormones tell her to stop growing. I cannot stop the upward growth on the plant. I look at all your other grows, and your stuff has stopped with buds all over it. Mine just won't quit. My trichs are all turning amber on the mid buds, but the tops are still producing thin, whispy little buds. If left alone, they will fill in with bud, but the lower buds are out of their window. I wish someone out there would know why and tell me the science behind it this wierd growth pattern. If it's sativa genetics maybe or something else. I would love to hear!

My lighting is correct - no leaks and 6,300 lumens psf. Temp at 76 to 81*F. Plenty of ventilation.

Anyway - didn't mean to rant. Just pointing out that it is time for me to get on with the improvements and get some big buds like you guys! I'm envious! Don't cast me to the wolves yet - I will grow the big bud soon!:)

The HPS ballasts are out of the boxes. The heat they produced was a waste in the box.

PB............:)

Hey Pot, I think you're doing a great job! I feel you on the genetics thing though. Before I had anything worth while it was just ok homegrown.

I'm not to sure how long you have been growing but big buds come with time and experience. I first started in 1996 and I went through allot of trial and error. I wasted thousands of dollars, yeah thousands! I really didn't start learning until I found Overgrow around 1999. It got shut down and I decided to go with MP over all the others.

I had a blueberry plant that seemed to do the same thing as yours. I don't know why because the NYCSD plant that it was in with had no problems. It may just be the genetics or an unstable strain. It sounds like you are doing allot of homework and know the ropes. The good thing about CA is that there are hydro stores all over the place.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see your afghani grow.

Just checking in with some great news!

Just ordered the Fox Farms trio - GB, BB, & TB.

MG going bye-bye!;)

We're movin on up to that deluxe big cola in the sky...:D

PB........:)

Hey Pot, just wanted to say "high" and find out if the Fox Farm came yet? :) How is the grow going?

hazewarrior said:
Hey Pot, just wanted to say "high" and find out if the Fox Farm came yet? :) How is the grow going?

Hey Haze....

Just browsing the boards and came upon my journal. Don't know how I missed your post. My appologies.;)

Yes, the Fox Farm stuff came in, and I'm using them now. Got the Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom gallons. Also got FF Ocean potting mix. I put a little picture thread together comparing two unrelated seedling strains that were affected by a 'hot' storebought MG mix. FF soil fixed the problem.

The grow is going good and not-so-good. The older plant kept growing and growing. I gave up on the 60 day theory....... The tops "mutated". Within the plant, the trichs were mostly amber, so I chopped the mature buds off. This left the lower yellow immature buds exposed to light. I decided to let her stay in flower to mature up again.

In one week, the lower buds have turned dark green, and growth is very subdued (Yay!) The buds are taking on more of a normal appearance, but will be like popcorn buds. My harvest of bud off this plant was OK, light and airy. Great smoke, high, and smell is wonderful. I did not weigh this harvest.

The other plant has still not been pruned as I promised and is still growing like a weed. Constant LST going on. Again, she is a sister of the same mother. Characteristics are obviously going to be the same.

I will be phasing out this strain (bagseed) when they finally finish, and working on other strains that are micro-grow tolerant, as this micro-grow is the only way I can grow pot and keep the old lady happy. Course, when she's happy, I'm happy.:cool:

My Afghani #3 seeds arrived recently, and will be starting a few soon. I have learned a lot through this grow. Genetics is very important. I am looking forward to growing some plants with good genetics.

Pics will follow soon.........

PB:)

Here is the one I pulled off the first batch of bud, and left the lower ones to finish flowering.

100_0772.jpg

100_0773.jpg

100_0774.jpg

100_0776.jpg

Very nice PB. :aok: How long ya gonna let them go before you harvest the rest?

Hey TBG-

Will harvest when trichs get 50/50. The older plant is just about out of here, and the younger sis will remain when she finishes, or gets pulled out for another strain.

It won't be long, and I'll be needing room for blooming some other strains I've got going.

plants are looking good PB....can't wait to see the Afghani #3 grow....keep up the good work.....

Hey everyone, this one isn't dead yet.....

This freaky thing has been harvested (top half) and left to finish off the lower buds. We are at day 111 of flower! And she just won't die! What is up with that? Her pistil production is increasing and she's thickening up again. I'm going to get a nice little treat when she's ready, but it's not yet time. Get this, she is in a one gallon milk container. Has been since May 15!

Die, Dangit! Die!:hairpull:

100_0825.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0829.jpg

This one is her little sis I've been LSTing forever.

Here she is at day 93 in flower..........She has finally quit growing and starting to bud out.

Last couple of shots is the growbox in action...... with HPS. Each plant has its own 70 watt light.

100_0834.jpg

100_0835.jpg

100_0832.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0831.jpg

100_0836.jpg

100_0837.jpg

Have got enough weed to smoke so I'm in no hurry to wrap these up.........These were learners for many lessons. I am going to let these finish up in their own time.

Fox Farm nutes are working well.

This is the "little sis" that I've been LSTing. The upward growth has slowed, and she's finally filling up with pistils.

100_0856.jpg

100_0858.jpg

100_0854.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0859.jpg

Shots of Big Sis here.

This one has already been 1/2 harvested, and lower buds left to develop. She is fattening up nicely again........

She has a growth unlike all the others. One "bud stalk's" leaves are fluffy and thick with a lighter green variation. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

This plant was not LST'd. It was pruned. I will be able to get many more buds off the LST plant compared to the pruned.

Last pic is shot just before 'night'. You can also see our little Afghani's in the two 16 oz cups. Thanks for stopping in.............

100_0862.jpg

100_0866.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0869.jpg

I love the LST you did PB. How tall is she now, and the space you are working with?? Good job again

nevermind on her height i see she 18-19" LOL i didnt even notice it LOL

Latest posts

Back