Pot + GERD (heartburn)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROOR

Pot Nerd
Reaction score
Hello all...been awhile since I posted, but I had a few questions for EVERYBODY!

How many of you notice heartburn related issues from smoking pot?

I get heartburn/gerds/sour stomach sometimes even if I dont smoke, but I do notice increased occurences after smoking. It used to not affect me at all, but as I get older, I am having more and more episodes, so much so that Im thinking of quitting all together :eek:.

Any thoughts? Please respond if this relates to you or anybody you know!!! Thanks ROOR

I doubt smoking pot is causing your issues.

Sound like you are having acid reflux problem.

As you get older, stuff like this happens..
Believe me, i know.

in the USA, there is a over the counter medicine, that is awesome
and will knock out that acid reflux. ZANTAX.

Goodluck

Thanks for your reply...

I take Protonix to control the reflux and all though its very good, its not 100%. I have tried zantax along with others, but got intestinal cramping issues. OK probably TMI..LOL

I know for fact that cigarrettes can cause the stomach sphincter (control valve of the stomach) to weaken causing acid reflux in some people. I don't smoke cigs however, but thought MJ could have similar effects?!?! thoughts?

Also, I basically cant drink anymore cause beer and liquor just set my stomach off even with the meds.

Like I said, sometimes I smoke/vape and have no issues, other times it appears to escalate the reflux. I absoultey love smoking MJ, but its hard to enjoy the buzz when your chest/throat is on fire...LOL

Sucks getting old.

Pepcid worked ok for me. (have/had a couple of ulcers). Have you tried cooking with it? Might be easier on the throat and gut. There are tons of ways to make it edible and most of the recipes are very easy on the stomach.

Good to see ya ROOR!

No advice, hope your tummy feels better soon. :)

Do you have acid reflux or an esophogeal atresion?(can't spell to well) cause if then the cap to your stomach could be loosening and letting the acid out. i know if i have a tummy ache, if i take a puff or two, then it seems to settle down, same thing with great nasuea. i hope that the ganj isn't your problem cause that would blow. hope everything works out.
~T-Bone

Mutt, I made some pot brownies back in the day, but never got high so I scrapped that idea...LOL I would be interested in trying again if you have any links to recipes!!!

MOM..pm'd you back gurlfriend...:)

T-bone....its reflux. I have a weak sphincter so yes acid is getting by and into my esophagus, but not often. Upper GI done, no scarring....Mostly heartburn/sour stomach for the most part. I haven't smoked today, but I have an acidy taste in my mouth/throat but no burning. I'm gonna go smoke and see if it gets worse...LOL Maybe I need to see the doc and get a higher dose or another med.

We have a whole section dedicated to cooking with herb. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/for...1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1
the best method is just making CannaButter. I store a couple of sticks in my fridge of it. Very versatile. Heck I've even made MJ olive oil. used it in pasta sauce.
The THC is only oil/acohol extractable. So you have to "prepare" it correctly to get high from it.
but it's awful nice to be able to eat and get high no smell, you can sit at work and eat a plate of speghetti and catch a buzz.
With the butter recipe you can make ANYthing with it if it requires butter in the recipe.
If you love to cook (like me) its very rewarding. It's a different buzz from smoking tho. doesn't have that "kick" it creeps up on ya but doesn't lay you out all day. it's different but a nice mellow high.
;)

OK..after smoking and tons of deep thought, I find it is the weed that is causing it, just not directly. If I smoke w/o coughing, I'm good to go, but If I pull a mean one and cough too hard or too much, my reflux occurs...hmmmmm

Thanks all....I think im gonna take a break for awhile. The last 2 nights I have woke up with panic/anxiety attack. These are my first 2 ever. Very sacry and lasted 2-3 hours. I have had friends over the years who get them and have had to quit smoking. Anybody else experience this type of reaction????

Latest posts

Back