Pot-infused meat: can it be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
The only thing I can think is to add grain alcohol extract to wine and marinate the meat in the infused wine for 24 hours. Even if that got the THC into the meat, the THC would likely drip out when the meat sweats during roasting.

Pot gravy from the drippings might actually work.

I'm not exactly sure why you couldn't mix cannabutter into the meat and/or seasoning? I mean, I figure for like hamburgers, you could mix a decent amount of butter into the hamburger before pressing it into patties? I've never put butter in hamburger though, so I don't know how well it would cook. Sounds like it might work in a meatloaf, though. Maybe adding some butter to stove-top or grill-top cooking pans? THC-infused sauteed mushrooms/onions sounds amazing.

Just watch that your temps don't get too high---you don't want to vaporize that THC before you can ingest it.

i tossed a handful of trim on a roast cooking on the bbq once (dry rub ha)---it was no doubt seasoned and could be tasted---if ya ever had a trimming party you can imagine peeps are pretty stoned anyhoo---but---after eating the roast---it was lights out for all that ate it---could it have been the multitude of drinks and doobies---maybe---very minimum we were in a food coma---:)

getnasty said:
I'm not exactly sure why you couldn't mix cannabutter into the meat and/or seasoning? I mean, I figure for like hamburgers, you could mix a decent amount of butter into the hamburger before pressing it into patties? I've never put butter in hamburger though, so I don't know how well it would cook. Sounds like it might work in a meatloaf, though. Maybe adding some butter to stove-top or grill-top cooking pans? THC-infused sauteed mushrooms/onions sounds amazing.
Potburger works -- I just add ground pot to the meat like I do any other herb, and I haven't yet made pot meatloaf but I like the concept. I love sauteed mushrooms and onions -- a match that was made in heaven, even according to mycologists. Green mojo for the new cooking experiment ideas. :aok:

When I started this thread I was thinking of getting THC into whole steak, but using steak, it makes more sense to add THC to the sauce/topping/gravy. A steak, mushroom and Cannabis pie would be just plain AWESOME.

Sneaks some into the stuffin from time to time folk be praisin my fire roasted turkey fur years now and they dont knows why ;) puts it right into the stuffin and into turkey makes for more laughin around the fireside rather then sleepin ifin yual gets to idea. Enjoys!

BWD

YYZ Skinhead said:
Potburger works -- I just add ground pot to the meat like I do any other herb, and I haven't yet made pot meatloaf but I like the concept. I love sauteed mushrooms and onions -- a match that was made in heaven, even according to mycologists. Green mojo for the new cooking experiment ideas. :aok:

When I started this thread I was thinking of getting THC into whole steak, but using steak, it makes more sense to add THC to the sauce/topping/gravy. A steak, mushroom and Cannabis pie would be just plain AWESOME.
No problem at all, bud! I'm sort of a meat connosieur myself. There is abosolutely nothing as gustatory orgasmic as a steak cooked to perfection. I can imagine how a steak seasoned with cannabis herbs would effect me. Gives me the urge to try it out this summer with my buddies! We already have plans to make some butter to try various baked goods. I've never personally tried any. As with you, I also love sauteed mushrooms and onions, and the idea sounds perfect to top with steak! Infuse that butter with cannabutter, and top your steak with those beautifully cannausteed mushrooms/onions, and I'm sure you'll be in a deep sleep soon. Thank you for the green mojo, and it is returned, as I thoroughly enjoy readin your posts here on MarP.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Sneaks some into the stuffin from time to time folk be praisin my fire roasted turkey fur years now and they dont knows why ;) puts it right into the stuffin and into turkey makes for more laughin around the fireside rather then sleepin ifin yual gets to idea. Enjoys!

BWD
I want to eat Thanksgiving eat your place, my man. Sounds to me like I'd enjoy me a good ole BWD home cooked meal. Some mojo to you as well for always being so down home. Love "deciphering" your posts with my "city-boy edumacation". my friend.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Just watch that your temps don't get too high---you don't want to vaporize that THC before you can ingest it.
I'm curious Miss THG, at what point does THC vaporize? My apologies, as I'm sure this information is readily accessible in this forum, but I am slightly inebriated, and very much so enjoying the fruits of another man's labor right now, so my ambition to search out the answer is being somewhat mitigated by the vodka that's loving on my liver. :p Thank you in advance!

I'll add pics when I get home, and the recipe if there is interest, but last month we made meatloaf with ganja in it...and it was amazing! Flavorful and moist and one serving would keep you fairly well medicated for a few hours.

Trede said:
I'll add pics when I get home, and the recipe if there is interest, but last month we made meatloaf with ganja in it...and it was amazing! Flavorful and moist and one serving would keep you fairly well medicated for a few hours.

so no seconds right after, I take it? ...lol...

getnasty said:
No problem at all, bud! I'm sort of a meat connosieur myself. There is abosolutely nothing as gustatory orgasmic as a steak cooked to perfection. I can imagine how a steak seasoned with cannabis herbs would effect me. Gives me the urge to try it out this summer with my buddies! We already have plans to make some butter to try various baked goods. I've never personally tried any. As with you, I also love sauteed mushrooms and onions, and the idea sounds perfect to top with steak! Infuse that butter with cannabutter, and top your steak with those beautifully cannausteed mushrooms/onions, and I'm sure you'll be in a deep sleep soon. Thank you for the green mojo, and it is returned, as I thoroughly enjoy readin your posts here on MarP.

I want to eat Thanksgiving eat your place, my man. Sounds to me like I'd enjoy me a good ole BWD home cooked meal. Some mojo to you as well for always being so down home. Love "deciphering" your posts with my "city-boy edumacation". my friend.

Yual step to me fire as yual sees fit and to yur like pilgrem mighty honourd to have yur company to me flames ;) Set anytime to them ya like, and warm yur cheeks as needed or wanted friend

BWD

what about frying the steak in a pan with hash infused cooking oil that might do the trick never tried it but it sounds like it might work.

skullcandy said:
what about frying the steak in a pan with hash infused cooking oil that might do the trick never tried it but it sounds like it might work.

Dont know bout that pilgrem reckon more be left behind in the drippins wouldnt it? Then gain I ussual cook over flame on grill and leaves me pans to hang on the wall makes fur less dishes too ;)

BWD

I agree with BWD. Alot of drippins and that pan frying would be a killer to the thc.

Best way I see would be maybe make a secondary glaze. Have an original glaze you put on before, then when somethings almost done you toss on that second to coat. Not much time exposed to heat and should stay coated.

Loves crab meat hollindaise sause I be makin fur my steaks makes me mouth water everytime now I have to paddle into town fur some crab meat...

BWD

As promised, pictures of the fabled meatloaf. We made it in silicone muffin cups and covered the tops in mashed potatoes.

meatloaf1.jpg

meatloaf2.jpg

Now all ya be needin is some gravey and I be packin canoe and headin yur waterways pilgrem ;) Gots me hungry now!

BWD

Oh boy. My head is spinning with new formulae for meatloaf, steak pie, glazed poultry and stuffing. :icon_smile: The boiling temp of THC is 157 °C (315 °F) and that of ethanol is 78° C (172° F). Discovering the respective boiling points was part of what started me doing Everclear extraction as opposed to butane.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I agree with BWD. Alot of drippins and that pan frying would be a killer to the thc.

Best way I see would be maybe make a secondary glaze. Have an original glaze you put on before, then when somethings almost done you toss on that second to coat. Not much time exposed to heat and should stay coated.

I am assumming that by glaze you mean something like useing canna budder to make a BBQ sause ans glaze the meat while grillin so we can leave the pans hanging, I prefeer the grill also BWD :D, now that also gets me thinking hot wings but what or how do you suggest making a sause for steak

Sauted pork medalions in infused peanut oil, came out fantastic, the high heat of sautéing didn't seem to affect the THC

Latest posts

Back