Pots, or pots or bags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
What do you think of this? Grow Bags vs. Plastic Pots - Planting Containers
I find my plastic pots get too hot and I am sure the roots don't like that. I think terracotta pots would be far better because the moisture constantly permeates through and evaporates, cooling the pot. But 5 gallon terracotta pots cost a lot, are very heavy, and easy to break.
So I have ordered 3, 5-gallon grow bags to see what the performance is like. About $6 each.
What do you think?

Had 2 different types of grow bags, only used them to grow tomatoes. One type is still good, the other rotted out after a couple grows. Both worked good.

black plastic pots here , never had a problem with hot roots

all the big nurseries and growers use them so they must work ok

and yes I have used both plastic bags and cloth bags but always came back to black plastic pots

and yes the terra cotta are bulky , expensive , and break easy ...but they look cool

good luck

545683E8-C698-47DE-A48D-9EADD36A4DBA.jpeg

The plant that I up potted from 4 gallon plastic to 5 gallon bag has leaped forwards. Drainage is so good that I can overwater and the surplus drains clear in seconds. I am super impressed, I will have to look for the next one to up pot.

What do you think of this? Grow Bags vs. Plastic Pots - Planting Containers
I find my plastic pots get too hot and I am sure the roots don't like that. I think terracotta pots would be far better because the moisture constantly permeates through and evaporates, cooling the pot. But 5 gallon terracotta pots cost a lot, are very heavy, and easy to break.
So I have ordered 3, 5-gallon grow bags to see what the performance is like. About $6 each.
What do you think?
Thanks for the tip with diatomaceous earth. I'm so far from pro grower one may need the Hubble Telescope to find me in the endless void of what the hell am I doing. That said let me say that Bags are the best the plants love them the root really love them. I was using 7 gallon bags but that's not enough now i have 3 30's and 4 20's. Here in the N E day light will go below 14 1/2 hours in 14 days and the plants will go into flower and they look great. Last 3 weeks it rained almost every day and last week we had 6 inches of rain and no problems. When it's dry I do use more water. Bags will make your life easier.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Thanks for the tip with diatomaceous earth. I'm so far from pro grower one may need the Hubble Telescope to find me in the endless void of what the **** am I doing. That said let me say that Bags are the best the plants love them the root really love them. I was using 7 gallon bags but that's not enough now i have 3 30's and 4 20's. Here in the N E day light will go below 14 1/2 hours in 14 days and the plants will go into flower and they look great. Last 3 weeks it rained almost every day and last week we had 6 inches of rain and no problems. When it's dry I do use more water. Bags will make your life easier.View attachment 275315View attachment 275316
They do look absolutely marvellous!

Thanks for the tip with diatomaceous earth. I'm so far from pro grower one may need the Hubble Telescope to find me in the endless void of what the **** am I doing. That said let me say that Bags are the best the plants love them the root really love them. I was using 7 gallon bags but that's not enough now i have 3 30's and 4 20's. Here in the N E day light will go below 14 1/2 hours in 14 days and the plants will go into flower and they look great. Last 3 weeks it rained almost every day and last week we had 6 inches of rain and no problems. When it's dry I do use more water. Bags will make your life easier.View attachment 275315View attachment 275316
They look awesome.

Latest posts

Back