pots question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNoXiDe

Reaction score
How many pot transfers should be done? I've read that you dont want too little nor do you want to big of a pot. So, should I go from my starter cup for about 2-3 weeks, to maybe a gallon size to veg in, and then finally into my 5 gallon pots to flower in? Seems like a lot of transfering.

For what it's worth... I start in solo cups, then to 1/2 gal. bag, then into a 5 gal. smart pot ... just my .02

I'm lazy I got from cup to final home unless the plants to go od them I go to 3 gal buckets til the plant goes outside

If you've got the veg space i dont see why not go straight to the big pots.

This depends on what we have...If Im running clones than straight into final pot...If growing by Seed ..I dont like to waste soil on Males...so I start in solo cup..for first 3=4 weeks..than into 1 gallon untill sex is shown....Than into 3 or 5 gallon pots...

:48:

MoNoXiDe said:
How many pot transfers should be done? I've read that you dont want too little nor do you want to big of a pot. So, should I go from my starter cup for about 2-3 weeks, to maybe a gallon size to veg in, and then finally into my 5 gallon pots to flower in? Seems like a lot of transfering.

LOL--I don't think that I would call 2 transplants a "lot of transferring". I do like most of the others--solo cups to 1 gal, 1 gal to 3 or 5 gal.

Transplanting if done properly will not cause you any problems. Hell I have went from Soil to Hydro with no problems and Hydro to Soil with no problems. If ya damage roots is when ya get shock..

Solo cup to 1/2 gallon, to final home, 1 gallon pot. I don't grow in anything bigger than a 1 gallon.

Latest posts

Back