pots sitting in water/nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iams

Off the leash!
Reaction score
Just wondering if it is better in a soil grow where all nutes come from watering. Should the plants pot sit in the water to reclaim the runoff or should I set them above so they drain completely and not reclaim that water? seems a waste of nutes to not let them reclaim but I don' know when root rot would set in.

Thanks.

I like to bottom feed..and let pots sit in water for 30 minutes...then discard..hope this helps

take care and be safe

When I had way small plants starting inside I would do what 4U said, let them sit for a bit before discarding. GL

I had not even thought of that. Thanks!

I water enough for it to run out and the plant always drinks it back up. I wouldn't let it set over night but a few hours is ok.

It is all good.

Thats what is happen here Rosebud. I water/ feed and the tray catches the runoff. Within about 2-3 hours the tray is dry.

Thanks.

Did you want to meet our dogs?

DSCF1509.JPG

DSCF1487.JPG

Only if they have already been fed.:D

Smart looking dogs you have there!

feed the overflow to your veggie garden or other favorite plants around the house---no waste and they will love you for it

Orangesunshine, thanks for the response I'll definitely do that in the spring garden. Outside of whats in the tent we have no indoor houseplants. One of my dogs loves to lay in fresh dirt, even better if its also carpeted.:eek:

Latest posts

Back