powder mildew from aero cloner... help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trichnut

Reaction score
Im not sure where its coming from. as far as i know the mothers do not have powder mildew I have had them for over a month and they havce never shown any signs of mildew however it looks like some of the clones do have it.
my mother room has good ventilation humidty around 55% and temps around 79 deg (8" intake with carbon filter and 6" out. makes for a slight positive pressure.) I thought that this would be the best thing to do to eliminate or drasticly reduce mold spores and bugs.

how does the pm start? could it have come from the sprayers of the aero cloner?
im thinking of riping all these clones out and starting over. i really dont want my mothers to get PM.
thanks for your input.

dont rip'em out, depending on how bad they are...pics? i know a sulfur burner will cure it quickly. as for what causes it, dont know...but, even when you do everything right sometimes things still happen with thuis hobby. good luck witit anyhow

like lyfr said, a sulfur burner is the way to go, IMO anyways...

if you don't have one, however, simply spray the clones (upper and under leaves) with a systemic fungicide, and yer prob will be solved.

in your room, cross-airflow is ESSENTIAL to controling mold and mildew... I used to have problems untill I increased the cross-airflow within my box... there were other probs too (high humidity), but mainly it was my lack of airflow... not only does the airflow help in controlling mold/mildew, but it will make the general condition of the plants much healthier.

i just got some "Mildew Cure" so we shall see how that works. I have a sulfer burner however if this is a reocuring problem i think that the continued exposuer to sulfer could burn my mothers... any thoughts on that?
I also need to take clippings. some of my plants are just getting too big.
i only have hydroguard in my cloner (no nutrients) it was last cleaned 8 days ago. about 5 days ago i got a water chiller (water temps where at 80 deg now they are down to 70.) so i think thats good. could the issue have risen from the 80 deg water temps?

humidity is way too high, keep it around 30-40 percent, not the roots mind you, just the leaves and buds above the media. if you dont have a lid on the res, might be a good idea to help lower rh. perhaps a uv source might help too :hubba:

55% is way to high? im at 50 most of the time and ive never had mildew. then i also have a fan blowin between canopy-light, an oscillating one on the floor and squirrell exhaust but have no intake cept under da door. if plants aint movin you need more air IMO

Latest posts

Back