Powder mould???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Would like some info on a preventive maintanance for PM....Im running a Gooey that is known for PM...Ive read most issues are in Hydro grows and Im in soil...I have mine in flower now for just over a week...I dont see any signs of that ugly stuff..nor have I had it in the Shed..So what do you do to battle the PM? Im thinking if I can start treating now maybe wont have the issue...all thaughts welcome

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

:ciao: 4u---PM loves 70* temps, acidic soil conditions high in nitrogen, and high relative humidity---idea is to increase the ph level on the leaves and stems by spraying a tbs of baking soda per gal of water with a wetting agent---spray every few days when the lights come on---if it is not there already---you should be safe till harvest

Hey 4U, if you want a guarentee to not get it do a sulphur burn at week 2-3 of flower.

Im a read up on sulpher burners ..thanks orangesunshine too..Ill start with the baking soda in hopes for preventive

Happy Smokeing:bong:

Thanks gone...i just hate the search engine here...Was looking at sulfer candles today...A fello grower Sonic swears by them...Im look at Hicks sheep now:D

Thanks girl
:48:

:aok:

thats just what I was looking for

this thread can now be closed

I have not had any trouble with PMS (powdery mildew syndrome :) ) What should I look for in the beginning stages. I have a dehumidifier in the "lab" which keeps the humidity around 50%, but in my cabinets I don't have the ability to control humidity so it stays around 65%. I steadily pull in fresh air but I fear I may be susceptable to it. :)

:ciao: Hush...Im sure ya got your answer and what I look for are white spots along the center line of the leaf...outside is hard o see cause I use 7 dust as well....but when I see what looks to be PM i hit it with "Green cure"..and if those spots are yellow the next day..Im in the treatment mode...if not Im a looking out:aok:

2 inches of sand on yur soil helpin top dry faster and locks in moisture were it be needed. Sand has always been my friend and has many benfits. Good luck friend yur grow ;)

BWD

How the Hell is sand in the soil going to help with Powder mold?

With sand on the soil it stops mildew and mold from forming on the top layer of soil pilgrem. 4U I hope I have not offended yual in any way friend as I am just tryin help folk ifin and were I can. Then gain maybe yual just pokin stick Im sure this is the case ;)

BWD

no offense my friend and I did not think of mold/mildew on soil..as I was the plant itself....thanks for that point of view

:48:

Using a silica supplement like ProTekt from Dyna Gro will help the plant resist PM. Bugs too and some other things.

Cheap also. A qt is under $15 shipped and since you only use 1/4-1/2tsp/gallon of water once/week or so, it last forever.

It's worth a google search for more info.

Wet

Esp when you grow year round. Not to mention, do any kind of trading of genetics. Just too much to risk all around, when just one simple spray will do ya.

Latest posts

Back