Powdery mildew outdoor during veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Not trying to double post this, but my GJ doesn't really get much traffic. Went out today and it seems like two of the three plants may have some PM on them. Struck me odd, being mid summer, in veg, in amazingly warm weather.
What should I do to get rid of it? Only had it in flower before. Can't repost the pic twice, but it's here in my journal

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=206222&d=1373418636

I mix up some water with a ph of 8 because mildew doesn't grow at a ph of 8 then mix in 5ML of H202 and 1Tb of soap.

I think Ive seen some on my outdoor girls as well....But that picture looks more like some Bird crapped on ya...:D....I use green cure...treat and forget...I too was concerned as this happens this early...Best of luck my friend

:48:

Unfortunately not ****. What's Green Cure 4u? Available where? Hardware/garden store? Hydro store?

Lost a ton to PM last year. Need to get it gone by any means necessary before flower starts and I'm not able to spray anything on it.

:ciao: my friend

hXXp://www.google.com/shopping/product/5441887262268376985?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=Green+cure&oq=Green+cure&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE&biw=1366&bih=596&tch=1&ech=1&psi=-nbdUavwO6O_igKi64CABw.1373468407342.3&sa=X&ei=AXfdUeOVD8eujAL96oGoBw&ved=0CKMBELok

check into this bro...i got it the local nursery...Im sure hydro shops carry it too...as for the pic issue( not able post in more threads) heres what I do...when i want to add the pic and it says allready in a thread....Right click the pic wanted and click...open in paint...when it opens take the pencil and click a dot somewhere in the pic...than close...it asks if you want to save..say yes....you have just changed the pic and now can use again....do this as many times as ya want:aok:

mojo for the ladies

:48:

Thanks brotha. Yeah, can do that from my pc, but not from my phone. Finally figured out how to atleast post once, ha.

Eagle 20 I think it is called.:aok:

can the green cure be used during flower? up until harvest?

greencure says it can be used up to crop.. i never liked doing that though.

pic doesn't look very pm-ish to me. :confused2:
looks more like something spilt on it. (or the above mentioned birdshit)
pm is more fluffy than that usually, but might be some other mildew i'm unfamiliar with, maybe.

understand the concern though. once you get hit with that crap, you realize how minute most other plant problems are ;)
where these clones by chance though? (and ones possibly treated with the above mentioned eagle 20? *to me a product akin to painting over a hole in a wall.)

one thing i fear with so many new crosses/breeders on the scene is people breeding with eagle-proofed stuff, knowing or not-knowing (yeah, i'm not big on the product, or more-so it's rampant use)
..i always fear what consequences may arise down the road with eagle20 myself, but it does work. that or nova, but i never recommend them myself.

Thanks for the input. These are straight from seed. It does look like dripped, spilt something on them, but no clue what that could have been. I know it's not from anything I spilled. But it's not bird crap either. It's only on the two Red Dragons. One more than the other. And none on the Sweet Black Angel. Definitely want to take action if needed, flash backs of how quick it spread, and the pounds I lost because of it last year came racing back. No fun at all

Ston,I have some stuff like that on a couple plants also,I'll get some pics in the morning.I was thinking that maybe one of the trees around the area dripped,shed something on it.Just curious what kind of trees you have around your girls and if that might be a possible cause?In my area I have a lot of pine and oak.

No trees really close. But the fact that all three plants are right next to each other, and one has a good amount through out it, even on lower leaves that are shaded from the higher stuff. And one right next to it has none as of now. Doesn't seem possible that it would be something dripping on it, and not the other. Sprayed it with an h2o2 mixture yesterday. Doesn't seem any worse today, but there still is some throughout it.

Look, here's what I mean. Looking good other than whatever this white stuff is.

image.jpg

I'll post pics of what is on my girls,since I'm not in a legal state my girls are literally in amongst other bushes and trees for camo.I'm also trying to figure out what it is and where it comes from.I'm going to follow your post to see what the other peeps have to say.

I'll also try to get some more pics of different spots tomorrow once it's sunny again. Ill be stoked if its not PM, but want to treat as needed for whatever it is.

This is only a stop-gap solution but it works until you can get a better solution going: take 2 cups whole milk and 1 cup water and mix in an atomizer spray bottle and spray every spot that looks like PM and then the rest of the plants. There is something in the milk that stops the rapid spread of the PM but it doesn't eradicate it. That will hold it down until you can get some green cure or eagle20 :)

Latest posts

Back