Powdery mildew?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spray with Potassium Bicarbonate
Potassium bicarbonate additives can help kill powdery mildew spores on contact, while also increasing the pH level on the surface of the leaves. A pH level above 8.3 on the surface of the leaves discourages fungi.

https://sumogardener.com/potassium-bicarbonate-powdery-mildew/
I did this method yesterday evening and now look. I think I killed my plant😢
0A21F507-401D-4AA9-ABD6-CD1B103AB38E.jpeg
6AE14181-F9E3-4503-9E7E-A7EB17766BEC.jpeg

52811AED-952A-4535-B887-52D7C885FF18.jpeg

What did you use and what amounts did you add to the gallon of water
Never had that happen in yrs, did you spray with lights off or not during day outside, Looks like you cooked the pistils thats all the plants should be fine

And if you tried it yesterday why wou

Josey You used this method and worked good for you too Correct?
Yes, I was blown away at how well it worked for me. I'm very happy you shared that with me and i followed you recommendation to the letter. How ever I find myself in a disadvantaged position not able to see some pictures of the PM on those plants before the treatment.

Yes, I was blown away at how well it worked for me. I'm very happy you shared that with me and i followed you recommendation to the letter. How ever I find myself in a disadvantaged position not able to see some pictures of the PM on those plants before the treatment.
Yep when applied properly it has worked great for all the APM I ever had myself. Use to be called a product called GreenCure, until people found out it was only over priced Poss/Bicarb.

Spray applications and dry conditions can mimic this look on plants that are not yet ready to harvest.

Potassium bicarbonate is a common organic fungicide that can be effective in controlling powdery mildew. But if applied during the flowering cycle, it will dry all of the pistils and turn them brown. To the inexperienced eye, this can give a crop the appearance of maturity.

Chronically dry or hot conditions can also cause pistils to wither.

Fortunately, after a spray application or dry event, healthy plants will continue producing new white pistils until the crop is truly ready for harvest.

What did you use and what amounts did you add to the gallon of water
Never had that happen in yrs, did you spray with lights off or not during day outside, Looks like you cooked the pistils thats all the plants should be fine
It was 500ml of water and 1 tbs of baking soda 1/2 a tsp of soap and a tsp oil😳
It was a video on YouTube.
Obviously that’s wrong 😑Also it said to do it in the evening.
But you think it should be ok? I didn’t see the PM on there this morning so hopefully that’s gone. But do you think I should wash it with water at harvest? I’m only a few weeks away.

It was 500ml of water and 1 tbs of baking soda 1/2 a tsp of soap and a tsp oil😳
It was a video on YouTube.
Obviously that’s wrong 😑Also it said to do it in the evening.
But you think it should be ok? I didn’t see the PM on there this morning so hopefully that’s gone. But do you think I should wash it with water at harvest? I’m only a few weeks away.
Not sure why you added all the other things
This close to harvest, but washing it might be a good idea
But I have never wash any of my buds

Spray applications and dry conditions can mimic this look on plants that are not yet ready to harvest.

Potassium bicarbonate is a common organic fungicide that can be effective in controlling powdery mildew. But if applied during the flowering cycle, it will dry all of the pistils and turn them brown. To the inexperienced eye, this can give a crop the appearance of maturity.

Chronically dry or hot conditions can also cause pistils to wither.

Fortunately, after a spray application or dry event, healthy plants will continue producing new white pistils until the crop is truly ready for harvest.
That didn't happen to me, I found no difference in the Pistils. I should also say my pump sprayer provides has a very fine mist almost like a fogger.

This is way to much Potass/Bicarb
500ml of water and 1 tbs of baking soda 1/2 a tsp of soap and a tsp oil😳
But I am sure she will recover

Wash after harvest tonight it might be good to spray your plants with fresh water on mist like giving them a shower

They say the oil is to make the baking soda stick to the leaves and the soap is in case you have any bugs. And I do see a lot of those little pesky flies flying above my plant so I added it. Do you think I can smoke it without washing it? I was going to wash just incase there was PM. It’s my first grow ever and if I don’t have to wash I would rather not because of all the horror storey about rot because it doesn’t dry fast enough.

That didn't happen to me, I found no difference in the Pistils. I should also say my pump sprayer provides has a very fine mist almost like a fogger.
I used a spray bottle. Maybe that’s the difference. I used the mist setting but it’s nothing close to a pump sprayer.

Wash after harvest tonight it might be good to spray your plants with fresh water on mist like giving them a shower
It’s going to rain here tomorrow. Do you think I should leave it in the rain for a bit?
I’m just worried that would put me back to square one again because there calling for rain for the next week and the plant won’t dry quickly and then we get PM again.

No problem 5 gal bucket and fresh water. Now if they spay the plants down in a mist that will do it.

Latest posts

Back