Power failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin19

Reaction score
I had 2 power failures last week that lasted several hours and screwed up my timers I noticed my plants went back to veg mode I reset my timers now what do i do start over keep waiting never faced this before please help:eek:

help had 2 power failures timers screwed up and plants went back to veg I changed the timers back after i figured it out about 2 weeks went by!!!! now what?? will they go back to budding?? will everything be ok as long as i don't get hermies anyone know:holysheep:

Keep them in 12-12 and watch them closely, time will tell.

yes they will bud..but look for a longer to finish product as The plant is confused right now..it will bounce back...be sure get better timers...and when the power goes out..be sure to turn off breaker untill ya sure its back on for good...IMO..plants better off in Dark they in..light flux...hope this Helps..

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

posting same question in diffrent areas is not looked at very well...like I said..get better timers if the power failure make them blow...

merlin19 said:
thanks for nothing Jerk

4U2smoke answered your question in your other identical thread, name calling wont get you far around here.

read this one second so i will say sorry but i don't really think it matters if i ask twice and i guess you mean a timer with a battery back-up i have been growing 10 years never faced this before. I live in the middle of nowhere and have had power failures for a short time but never like this and didn't realize I had a problem as the power went out durring the dark cycle so I thought it would be okay till i saw new growth

4 U is really nice and he was just pointing out something to you. Jeez.

Ok, So to your question, it may take a couple of weeks for your plants to revert back. They may grow in circles, but they will come out of it. That is too bad, that is everyones fear around here, a power outage during flowering.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Can u say standby power generator!

No, I will not buy one more thing for my grow room, except soil.:ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

Dear rosebud I'm really nice too but i don't like cops telling what I can grow or people telling me what I can post I did not read the first response only the second so i already said sorry but i admit I can get a little huffy when told what to do maybe that comes from time in the joint but i love peace and peaceful people like you god bless and stay high i have for 45 years and it is great

Merlin, I don't understand how your plants reverted to vegging.

Vegging won't happen unless you go beyond the 12/12 or even 14/10 with some strains.

If the power is off, you have darkness. No problem.

Are you saying you didn't notice your lights on after the power resumed and the lights went past the 12 hour on cycle?

What type of timers were you using to have them become corrupt as a result of nothing more than a power outage?

You may want to start doing what I do; I check my lights at each end of every 12 hour on/off cycle to make sure they're working. I just plan my day so I can be home at those times.

In all my years of growing, I've never had a timer go bad on me. I use the cheapos that cost about $10.

merlin19 said:
Dear rosebud I'm really nice too but i don't like cops telling what I can grow or people telling me what I can post I did not read the first response only the second so i already said sorry but i admit I can get a little huffy when told what to do maybe that comes from time in the joint but i love peace and peaceful people like you god bless and stay high i have for 45 years and it is great

Thanks for the sorry, we could forget it now and hopefully you will get some help with your grow.

me too 10 years never had a problem and when the power went out i did not expect a problem so i did not check my on off times i will now infact i did not know anything was wrong till I noticed fresh growth and I'm still not sure what went wrong my lights were set to go at 7pm off 7am on then 2 power failures of about 4 to 6 hours each i figure that the timer would change to say 11 and 11 or somthing like that still don't know what went wrong for sure but my lights are now back to 8 and 8 and have stopped vegging at least some i use the sea of green method so i have 6 new plants each week so my plants are in continuous different stages i just want to know if they will go back to normal budding if there are no hermies I have cut down plants and restarted them before and grown all new buds but it does not always work so I was looking for imput i expect all will be ok in time what do you think

merlin19 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA time in the joint..... was the pun intended or what big guy? :postpicsworthless: :aok: just kiddin dont pull out ur gat!

it does matter if you ask the same question twice and start 2 different threads. It fills the forum with duplicate posts that are not needed.

The reality of it is you "should" post once and be patient and wait for a response. Not start another thread. Not telling you what to do, just a kind suggestion.:)

Latest posts

Back