Power Outage Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
My power was off momentarily today in the middle of my plants' light-on cycle. Since their only time in the dark was the 15 minutes I spent waiting before firing up my HPS again, it would seem like no real damage was done. Which leads to my question: How long would an interruption have to be before the plants had an adverse effect? I've spent a while trying to research this and all I could come up with was tat if the interruption was short, it shouldn't hurt them. Anybody have something more definite? Thanks very much.

shadoed said:
My power was off momentarily today in the middle of my plants' light-on cycle. Since their only time in the dark was the 15 minutes I spent waiting before firing up my HPS again, it would seem like no real damage was done. Which leads to my question: How long would an interruption have to be before the plants had an adverse effect? I've spent a while trying to research this and all I could come up with was tat if the interruption was short, it shouldn't hurt them. Anybody have something more definite? Thanks very much.
Sure, this one has been studied to death.

During the light on cycle, if the light is interrupted for as long as an hour, the plant doesn't even know it in relation to flowering. The chemical that a plant creates to flower takes much longer to start than that. Even as long as 6 hours won't matter with most strains.

However, the transpiration and photosynthesis will slow accordingly, so plant growth will suffer if this is done too much.

Good luck to you man! Your light out time was way too little to matter.

Cool. Thank you Stoney!

(Edit:You're very welcome!- Stoney)

Latest posts

Back