ppm ranges in soil during all stages?HELP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chongsbuddy

Reaction score
ok,so i have grown about 10 crops indoors in my life.im def. getting better and never rally have any nutrient issues when it comes to lack of,but i can never get the yield of chunky buds that i want.
i generally run 1.2-1.4 ec which is about600-700 ppm,but i think im really realll low on the ppm...am i right or wrong?
id love to know what you keep your ppm/es in soil for mothers,veg room and flowering and how much you progress the ppm/ec during flowering....
i think i way under feeding,buty im so scared of overfeeding and screwing up my girls
can you guys please help me out here cause id really appreciate it!
im about to go to flower with 20 channel+ plants and 3 og chems.im in promix bx with extra perlite and lime,in 2 gallon grow bags under 1k of hps light.i feed with flora nova nutes and i use a bluelab truncheon meter which i love to death!

anyone???what do you have your ppm at through veg and flower?

chongsbuddy said:
ok,so i have grown about 10 crops indoors in my life.im def. getting better and never rally have any nutrient issues when it comes to lack of,but i can never get the yield of chunky buds that i want.
i generally run 1.2-1.4 ec which is about600-700 ppm,but i think im really realll low on the ppm...am i right or wrong?
id love to know what you keep your ppm/es in soil for mothers,veg room and flowering and how much you progress the ppm/ec during flowering....
i think i way under feeding,buty im so scared of overfeeding and screwing up my girls
can you guys please help me out here cause id really appreciate it!
im about to go to flower with 20 channel+ plants and 3 og chems.im in promix bx with extra perlite and lime,in 2 gallon grow bags under 1k of hps light.i feed with flora nova nutes and i use a bluelab truncheon meter which i love to death!

anyone???what do you have your ppm at through veg and flower?

Hi chongsbuddy,
I have used the promix BX as well and love it. As far as the PPM's go I wouldn't sress out too much about burning them a little. Different strains are going to be able to handle different PPM's so the best thing to do is just see what they can take. I use GH 3 part nutes plus liquid koolbloom and floralicious plus. I used to measure my ppm's when I grew dwc but with soil I don't pay attention unless I have a problem. Right now I am growing 3 new strains and keeping a log of the feedings and nute ratios I am giving them (a little more than half strength of the recomendation). I make notes as I go along for example I noticed in week 3 of flower a little burning on the leaf tips of one strain but not the other 2, so I know next go around to use a little less nutes in week 3 on that strain. To me there is nothing wrong with burning some leaf tips the first couple grows with a strain in order to dial in the feeding.

-SSF

There more variables than just ppm of ur nutes that deals with yield some strains, like Mandala's Satori, are light feeders and some are heavy feeders. A lot of people here will run 3 gallon grow bags/smart pots/regular pots for indoors, though, theres people that will get killer plants out of a 1 gallon pot.

How big is your grow area is it closed off in the area thats good enough for the 1000W hps? You want 5000 lumens per square foot for flower minimum and 3000 lumens for veg minimum. Whats your ventillation set up like?

Some growers will add nutes till they see a alight burn then back off just a little bit, but I believe that pertains to hydro not soil grows.

its a 4 by 4 area,but the room is 4 by 8.with a 460 cfm inline fan with cooltube.they said 450 would be enough,but it doesnt seem to be,i cant keep the humidity below 60 and it goes up to 75.but i cant afford a new fan now.

You say your room is 4x8 but the grow space is 4x4, do you have it closed in with good reflective sides so that the light energy is reflected back to the plants?You probably already know this but It is important to keep as much of that light energy going to the plants as possible.

I Wouldn't worry too much about the humidity if the temp is around 75degrees and 70% humidity. However, if the humidity is at 70% and the temps are 80+ then that will be a problem. That is one reason I don't like the smart pots as they allow so much moisture to evaporate. There are inexpensive disposable dehumidifiers that you can buy at walmart or grocery store in the cleaning supply aisle that work really good for removing moisture, but in the future an electric dehumidifier is going to be your best bet.

As far as feeding goes; I start mine out around 200-300ppm at 3rd week from seed, then increase by 150-200ppm each week until I get to about 700-800ppm for veg. When I switch to flowering. I start increasing again each week until I get to around 1100-1200ppm. I typically don't go higher than that, but that is for Blueberry strains which seem to be heavy eaters. If you only bump it up about 150-200ppm each week, you should see some sign of overfeeding before reaching any dangerous levels. And if you bump it up and they look like they might not like it but aren't showing any real signs of overnute then just maintain for another week to see. :) I hope this helps :)

that is real great advise,and i totally appreciate it.the funny thing is and i should have thought of this and i didnt!!!is that my last grow i didnt habve anything reflective!i always have,but didnt have the 30 bucks for that grow so i just said **** it...stupid,i know.ill have to go tomorrow and get some poly and put it up,its just drywall and thats it.how much loss of yield do you think that would account for,lots?
so no reflection,i think my light was too high(it was 2.5-3.5 feet away,it is now 18 inches away and i can tell the difference in a big way,no spaced out nodes now,they are nice and tight!
and the fact that i didnt give enough food,AND the fact that i didnt manage the canopy or anything like that im sure all contributed to my loss of yield.im gonna do things right and see the difference this time around...thanx bro!!!!

Cool, yeah I think if you take care of those little things, they will add up to a better harvest. If you can't get mylar, the Lowes has some stuff called reflectix that is a mylar backed "bubblewrap" that is ideal for lining a grow. They have it in 4'x25' rolls, it works real good. :) I hope to see some nug pics when they get big :)

chongsbuddy said:
that is real great advise,and i totally appreciate it.the funny thing is and i should have thought of this and i didnt!!!is that my last grow i didnt habve anything reflective!i always have,but didnt have the 30 bucks for that grow so i just said **** it...stupid,i know.ill have to go tomorrow and get some poly and put it up,its just drywall and thats it.how much loss of yield do you think that would account for,lots?
so no reflection,i think my light was too high(it was 2.5-3.5 feet away,it is now 18 inches away and i can tell the difference in a big way,no spaced out nodes now,they are nice and tight!
and the fact that i didnt give enough food,AND the fact that i didnt manage the canopy or anything like that im sure all contributed to my loss of yield.im gonna do things right and see the difference this time around...thanx bro!!!!

Yea 2.5-3.5 feet away is way too far. I think that would be the main reason for the issue as opposed to light reflection. Good luck with the grow!

-SSF

Latest posts

Back