Ppm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espresso7

Espresso DR
Reaction score
HI ALL I AM GETTING A 221 PPM READING @ 5.7 PH IS THAT OK :farm:

That is very low. How old are your plants? I believe that you are using GH nutes? How much of each different thing are you adding per gallon of water?

Looking at your plant it seems a bit small for 2 months. If your plant has good roots try an experiment. Raise your res tds to say 400, wait a couple days and check again. If your tds went down your plant is saying "feed me". If it goes up your plant is saying" your trying to burn me"

I use the gh nutes and my plants like more nutes in veg and less in flower. The main value of ec/tds is learning to read the plant. Eventually you may bag the meter like I have, I just read the plants now.

I use the 3 part flora micro my girl is around 2 months. View attachment 216015 What am i doing wrong

I'm confused..do you mean that you use GH Flora bloom, grow, and micro? The micro is only a part of the 3 part nutes and you need all 3. If you are feeding all 3 parts, how much of each are you using per gal of water? Are you adding the micro first?

Looking at your plant it seems a bit small for 2 months. If your plant has good roots try an experiment. Raise your res tds to say 400, wait a couple days and check again. If your tds went down your plant is saying "feed me". If it goes up your plant is saying" your trying to burn me"

I use the gh nutes and my plants like more nutes in veg and less in flower. The main value of ec/tds is learning to read the plant. Eventually you may bag the meter like I have, I just read the plants now.

how do i raise the TDS

I add all three one at a time i use a little less then a 1/4 tsp per gal as per the chart how does that sound.

I add all three one at a time i use a little less then a 1/4 tsp per gal as per the chart how does that sound.

Add 1 at a time mix, add another mix, till you've done all 3. That sounds like a seedling dose. You should be increasing a bit each week. If you dig around growweedeasy.com they have gh nutes chart that is designed for weed.

So after you mix up your nutes measure your tds, then measure again a couple days later while in the res. (I mix and replace my dwc/bucket/res all at once each feeding) Bit, what you want to determine if your tds goes up or down after 2 days. To increase tds you increase nutes. So once you get an idea of usage you can estimate how much you need to increase.

If you follow th gh schedule on grow...... you won't even need to measure for the plants sake. But, you will learn a lot by doing that and watching the plants.

So after you mix up your nutes measure your tds, then measure again a couple days later while in the res. (I mix and replace my dwc/bucket/res all at once each feeding) Bit, what you want to determine if your tds goes up or down after 2 days. To increase tds you increase nutes. So once you get an idea of usage you can estimate how much you need to increase.

If you follow th gh schedule on grow...... you won't even need to measure for the plants sake. But, you will learn a lot by doing that and watching the plants.

sounds great thanks. .

Latest posts

Back