Pranic's Challange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pranicfever

All members who wish to enter this Contest Must be over 18

Contest Guidelines: (please note this is an essay contest)

* Three Winners Will be Chosen; also what they have written will be posted for all others to read when the Winners are Announced.

* This contest will be open from May 20th - July 4th then please allow time to review all entrys.

* Each entry will be E-mailed to me at [email protected]

* Please think about what your writing, I am looking for something personal, something touching, something real.

* You may only send One Entry

* As stated above all participants must be over the age of 18

* Shipping on the items are paid for by myself regardless of where you live; If you live in Greenland... It'll be shipped to Greenland at no charge to you.

* Please Use Spell Check on All Entrys. I'm not picky on grammer but please let it be readable.

-----------------------
Prizes:

1st Place: Blown Glass Bong
2nd Place: Blown Glass Spoon
3rd Place: Blown Glass Spoon or Chillum

Recognition on the forum from you winning entrys

-----------------------
In your essays please look upon some of the following ideas:

* How Smoking Marijuana Has Effected your life both good and bad...
* How you feel about people who are driving while using Marijuana...
* If you use Marijuana for medical reasons explain why...
* How you first started smoking...
* Your views on Marijuana Legislation....
* Why you cultivate

-----------------------
Those are just a few of those ideas for you all... Remember I'm looking for Personal Essays... Personal, In depth essays.. I want to know about you've lives and what marijuana has done for you and how you feel about it.. In all senses... Have Fun Boys and girls You have a little over a month

oh Im all over this one I WANT THAT BONG
Im going to spend all day writting this thing
Peace and how are you going to ship it?

mmmm sounds nice but do i have to write an essay in english?????
(im from PR i not very good on writing an essay in english)

Expect mine sometime next week. ;)

What I'd do PC is write it in your language then use an online translator. just put a note at the top that it was translated. ;)

P.S. Pranic
Pranic, do you know how much shipping costs are? Overseas gets very expensive. and some countries prohibit those kind of "utensils" to be shipped in there borders. May want to do some research.
Also better make sure those things are spotless prior to shipping.

Quoteth Pranic...
"Those are just a few of those ideas for you all... Remember I'm looking for Personal Essays... Personal, In depth essays.. I want to know about you've lives and what marijuana has done for you and how you feel about it.. In all senses... Have Fun Boys and girls You have a little over a month."

First you say goodbye and now you are back. Please excuse my security
paranoia, however red flags jumped up here.
You want essays on PERSONAL information on our cannabis use and you want to know about OUR LIVES.

If anyone is going to participate,please use discretion. Trust no one.
LEO can be anyone. This is the internet. It is a warzone.

This is my opinion of this matter and not the opinion of the forum moderators or owner of the forum. My opinion is just that, my opinion.
If you do not agree, please just keep it to yourself. I am not trying to start a flame war.

To answer Shipping Questions: Shipping Costs alot....Let me handle that.. This one is on me... No matter the place i'll ship it... If Items as such are prohibited It will be shipped stealth.

These Items are All BRAND NEW.. Wouldn't put them up for contest if they weren't

As for your concerns on Personal Issues... I'm not asking for your name.. or your address... (unless your a winner and even then all information is kept secret and after the items are recieved then i destroy all info.) I'm just asking for personal experiances... Names can be changed if you use someone elses name... Just as long as it's Real... Yes people I'm looking for real.

Oh yeah... as for the questions about it being written in enlish... you know i can always use an online translator.... or you can.. just let me know that your main language isn't english and it will be taken into consideration when overviewing all the Eassays... That is not a problem at all.

To Quote Ogof:

"First you say goodbye and now you are back. Please excuse my security
paranoia, however red flags jumped up here.
You want essays on PERSONAL information on our cannabis use and you want to know about OUR LIVES. If anyone is going to participate,please use discretion. Trust no one.
LEO can be anyone. This is the internet. It is a warzone."

I'm not going to say your wrong here, however anyone can be a LEO your correct... So how could i not know that you or another member is or could be as well, thats a chance i'm willing to take, to give each member of the forum an opertunity to participate. Always Use Discreation.. thats how I feel, so your totally right there.
However, I'm not a leo. just you plain average everyday person... Heck if i was a Leo granted I would be crooked as hell... too much temptation for me. Anyway my point in a "Personal Essay" You don't even have to use your name for it to be considered personal. The Idea of writing a personal essay is that when you read it.. It has feeling, It has Heart. it's not your average run of the mill Essay such as "The Mating Rituals of Spider Mites." A personal essay is something that speaks for itself and is a living breathing work. (sorry i'm an English Major....) It should have feeling and emotions... it should be an offshoot of yourself. I don't mean things like I was born in Oaklahoma on.. such and such a date.. and my mothers name is .... I'm not looking for things like that at all..... That would be crossing the line. I just hope i've cleared myself up on the Idea of what a "Personal Essay" truley is.

Awesome idea :cool: I sent mine in.

Really hopin for that top prize, I don't even have a bong :eek:

what are you looking for length wise?? i have a tendency to write a lot more than needed

You want it long.. make it long..... just over 5 paragraphs should be good.. make it as long as it has to be to get your point out.

it is kinda hard to do 5 paragraphs....lol[believe in yourself, the mind will set you free]

how big is the glass bong/spoon/chillum just wondering hmmm realistic and 5 paragraphs and personal experince this should be good time to get high hahaha

It's decent sized... big enough to get you fucked up.. lol i dunno exact measurement.. it's med to small sized

Do we just pick one of the ideas or do we write about all of them?

First Place

OhioDood's Essay:

From learning about O’Ryen’s belt in Astronomy to listening to my least favorite professor preach about ethos and pathos, I learned a lot about the world we live in and what it takes to “succeed” in today’s society. There was one very important thing I learned outside of the classroom though. It may not be a so-called “life lesson” and some may even frown upon what I discovered, but it’s changed my life nonetheless. What did I learn you may ask? I learned the positive effects of marijuana, and how, despite what the government, our parents, and even Hollywood with such films as Reefer Madness say about pot, it brings out the best in people.​
OK, before I go any further, let me introduce who I am. My name is (name removed), and I am a 19 year old preparing for my sophomore year at college. Prior to my freshman year at college, I decided I would attend a University which was 2 ½ hours away from my home in Ohio. None of my friends would be attending the University, but I always thought myself to be an outgoing person, and I believed I would have no problems making friends. I was extremely wrong though. When I got to the small University, everyone already had their group of friends from high school around. It seemed I was the only out-of-towner. I was miserable for the entire first half of the year, and my roommate, who was as obnoxious as they came, didn’t help the situation. I decided that after I finished up my freshman year of college, I would no longer be attending that University. The first day of the 2nd semester would change all of that.
I went to my first class of the day, and I sat down near the back of the room. Preparing for another dull lecture about class rules seeing as how it was the first day of the class, I was rather excited when I saw a familiar face walk in. His name was Dan, he was in the room right across from me in my dorm, but besides that I knew very little of him besides that he and my roommate always hung out. Dan would always ask me to go with them when they hung out, but I always said “no” simply because of the fact that every second I was away from my roommate was a second I wouldn’t trade for anything. Dan and I talked the entire period, and later I asked him what he and my roommate do all the time. Dan replied, “We go and we smoke, do you smoke?” Well, I had never smoked pot in my life, so I told him that. Dan was a great guy and didn’t say anything more of the matter. After class, we walked back to our dorm together when he realized he had forgotten his weed in his car and had wanted to smoke later that night. He asked me if I’d like to go with him to his car. Even though his car was a 15 minute walk from where we were on campus, I agreed to go.
When we got to his car, he started packing his one hitter. He packed it with enough weed that he could have gotten 3 one hits out of it. He asked me if I’d like to smoke with him later, and said even though he knows I don’t smoke, he would have felt rude not asking. I told him I would, but I didn’t have the cash to pay him back and I didn’t want to mooch of him like that. He insisted that if I wanted to smoke then to tell him because he was looking for someone to smoke with. I got really nervous, as this was a big decision for me, but I agreed to smoke with him later. I could tell that he was extremely excited.
Later that night, the time had come. He came over to my room and asked me if I was ready to go, so I got my keys and I began to follow him. I expected to go outside and find a place to smoke, but we went directly into his room. His roommate wasn’t there, so he suggested we just pull the one-hitters out of his window. I was once again nervous, this time about being caught, but I agreed once more. He showed me how to hit it and said to keep it in as long as I could. Next, it was my turn. I grabbed the one hitter, which he had packed for me. I lit it up and inhaled as hard as I possibly could. I coughed so hard that I thought the end of my life might be near, but man did that herb taste good! He ended up taking 3 one hits that night and made me go hit for hit with him. I was beyond destroyed, and to this day I ache for the day when I will be that ripped again. After we were done smoking, we began to talk. . Not like people talk usually when they meet for the first time, it was much deeper than that. I found out that, like myself, Dan was from Ohio and had very few friends at the University. I also learned that he didn’t care for my roommate at all, and that he had smoked my roommate up dozens of times while my roommate had no smoked him up once. I was getting tired, so I told him I had to go. He said, “OK, but promise me we’ll do this again.”
“Right,” I replied.
Dan and I hung out everyday for the next couple weeks, but without smoking because we had smoked the last of his green. We developed the best friendship I’ve ever had with someone. He told me everything, I told him everything, and together we had an amazing time. One weekend, I decided I was going to go home, and on the way home I couldn’t stop thinking about how thankful I was that I met Dan. I decided I wanted to surprise him, but I couldn’t think of what I wanted to do for him. Then it hit me, the answer was so obvious. When I got home, I called my buddy that had a reputation for smoking a lot of weed. I asked him if he knew where I could get any marijuana. . I was going to surprise Dan with some weed. The buddy that I called ended up selling me 3/8ths of an ounce for 150. He called the weed “snowball”, and it was a lot whiter than the weed Dan and I smoked. Being a one time smoker, I had no idea of whether this was good or bad, so I called him up. “Dan,” I said, “Is there different kinds of weed, and what makes weed good?”
“Well, the more white the better,” he told me, and naturally I was ecstatic. “You always want a lot of orange hairs and the bigger the leaves the better.” I glanced down at the fat sack I had bought and noticed TONS of orange hairs, so the excitement was getting better and better. I couldn’t tell if the leaves were big or not, as I had nothing to compare to since it was the first time I had ever bought weed, but today, I can tell you that the leaves were beautiful and huge.
I was so excited on the 2 ½ hour drive back to the University, it felt like I had been driving for 2 ½ days by the time I got there. I immediately went to Dan’s room. His roommate was in there, which was terrible because I had to wait even longer to show Dan what I had purchased. After playing PS2 for about an hour, Dan’s roommate finally left. I reached into my cargo pocket and pulled out the fat sack! Dan was so happy, and asked how much I wanted him to pay. I told him “nothing.” He still insisted on paying, but obviously I didn’t make him. (I later found 60 bucks hidden in my CD case, which to this day he won’t confess was him that left it there, but that’s just the kind of guy Dan is.)
I told Dan I wanted to smoke that night, but he said we couldn’t because his roommate wasn’t going to be gone long. I asked Dan if he would like to go outside and find a place to smoke, and he said “Sure, but I’m warning you. I geek out hard.” That was fine by me though, because all I could think of was that fat sack of snowball that I had just showed him. We went out of our dorm and up the main street of the campus where there was a trail through the woods for people to walk on. Now, even though I didn’t have many friends at the school and I rarely got out, everyone including myself knew that was where people went to smoke their ganja. We started going down that path, but Dan insisted we couldn’t smoke there because the University police check down there frequently. So, we walked down the path and then we went into the woods, dodging thorn bushes, walking down the steepest of hills, and eventually we found this little crick. Inside the crick was the biggest rock I’ve ever seen in my life. Dan said, “This is it, man.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back