Praying leaves.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Well, my VPD, and feeding are under control. Why don't my plants pray? They always look under or over watered with slightly droopy leaves weather they have just been watered or are in need of a watering. My light is putting off 700 ppfd at the canopy. Maybe it's something my plants don't really need to do to show me they are the happiest they can be? Any tips? Thanks.

I can't remember if you're in soil or hydro?
If all your watering is dialed in, then you just haven't found the sweet spot for your light intensity. Ime praying leaves are riding the line of light stress.

I recently posted this picture here. It is 75% indica according to the strain guide. The big fan leaves have always drooped like this. Some strains reach for the light and some act like a lazy old dog. That is why I love growing this plant.

IMG_20230328_094451633.jpg

Last edited:
I can't remember if you're in soil or hydro?
If all your watering is dialed in, then you just haven't found the sweet spot for your light intensity. Ime praying leaves are riding the line of light stress.
Coco/perlite mother earth mix.

That's the same as I use. 70/30. It's the strain or the light intensity sweet spot. Either way, not a true indicator of health probably

Also, why do the leavers look light and dark green like that? Maybe that's why they are not praying. They look hungry?

Screenshot_20230402_183630_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230402_183619_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230402_183601_Gallery.jpg
20230402_182816.jpg

Last edited:
those girls are starving for food...hit 'em with nutes and sit back to watch the green happen...question, how wet are the pots, they look over watered...
I watered them last sunday. 700 ppm. Then I waited until wednesday, then yesterday. 2 gallon pots in coco.
I am stretching the feeding time to prevent over watering. I have read to water coco often, but i don't want to keep the coco sopping wet all the time....

How heavy is that pot and how long has it been that way?
I watered until 25% drainage yesterday. Before that it was last wednesday. In coco 2 gallon pots.

My thought when I saw the pics, like pute and boo, was over-watered. If the roots don’t get enough oxygen, all the nutes in the world won’t help. If you are watering on a schedule, that may have changed when you dialed in your VPD. Also I think you lowered your temperatures if I recall correctly. You get less evaporation with lower temps. My plants in the basement are neglected. They are in a few liters of soil and get about a third of a liter of water every few days and it is a jungle. When I am paying attention to my plants, I water by feel meaning weight of the pot and sticking my finger in the dirt. If it feels moist about a knuckle down, I don’t water. I would let the pots dry out more than you think they should be.

Praying is a very good thing, but it's somewhat genetic based, I believe. It's often most prominent at the beginning of flower.

Definitely "dryback" is a big factor, even in soil, e.g. the receeding of oxygen and introduction of water, and vice-versa in the soil. If soil is too dense, or not wet/dry the right amount of time, that's likely it

Overpowered/too close lights is the second most likely cause, IME

They say never let coco dry out. Even my last grow in 3 gallon pots I watered every other day throughout flower. I have these at 3 gallons watering every 3 days. I am wondering if I should let them dry out more, even through "they" say coco needs to be watered daily if not multiple times a day. HMMM.

Latest posts

Back