Pre-98 Bubba

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Emmett

Closet Farmer
Reaction score
Hey everyone, thought i would post a journal about my new grow, bought some of Cali Connections Pre-98 Bubba, see how it compares to the Original.

seedpack.jpg

Picked them up at one of the Local clubs in Santa ana, i got a good deal on em 65 for 6 fem seeds.

Gonna pop three tonight, just drop em in a cup of water sitting in my veg room, and throw them into rapid rooters, going to be going coco buckets, using the Blue Mountain Organic Nutrient line.

Nute1.jpg
Nute2.jpg

Ive never used the BMO Nute line before, i just picked it, but i have used the Super Plant Tonic over the last 2 weeks on some clones that i put into veg, and the growth rate is amazing, my plants are visibly growing daily, its very nice and exciting.

Ill keep you updated on my progress, thanks for reading.

Emmett

Welcome to MP.

I will be following along with you--I have been looking for some of the reg Pre-98 Bubba from Cali Connection, but all the seed banks seem to be out of stock. Boy it would be nice to just walk into a dispensary and get seeds and clones.....

Thanks for the replies and welcoming, glad some people are interested.

Plan-B, I actually am not completely new here i lost my account in the server crash, so i had to remake :)

THG, i know how you feel its amazing how different it is here, ive only been in California a year and i admit ive become spoiled.

I have some Pre-98 Bubba clones i just put into flower, so its gonna be kind of a side by side grow with the seed/clone, albeit a monthish apart.

Great Idea.

Will be following along myself. I have one Pre 98 Bubba in my garden this year.

I love California too, yep spoilt.

I wld like to see how Swerves Pre 98 stacks up against the clone only that I hve grown out a cpl times....gonna hangout in an old shoe in the corner. Let me know when it is snack time. :)

Oh and welcome back to MP....

Hey everyone, i wanna say thanks to everybody who posted and is following along, makes me more excited to do the journal!

Just a little update today, checked on my beans and all 3 of em had thrown their taproots out, which makes me very happy they all decided to crack. :)
taproots.jpg

So i dropped em in some rapid rooter plugs, i dunno who out there uses rapid rooters but they are all ive used for last few years and, i would never use anything else for starting seeds or clones, they are simply amazing.

Rooters.jpg

Not much of on an update, but what is there to see at this stage anyway right?

Thanks for reading.

Emmett

I'd definitely like to see how these girls do as well :)

Gotta love California, just gotta watch all the bogus genetics being passed around at dispensaries. Some of those places with stick whatever label they think will sell the best on their cuts.

Very true jbyrd, hard to trust clubs out here, i only buy clones from clubs that cut their own, atleast then they dont really have any reason to lie, so as far as they know its the correct strains, other than that, its just hoping for the best :)

Iron Emmett said:
So i dropped em in some rapid rooter plugs, i dunno who out there uses rapid rooters but they are all ive used for last few years and, i would never use anything else for starting seeds or clones, they are simply amazing.

Emmett

Me, me :ciao: I use Rapid rooters too and really like them.

Ill be peaking in the window every once in a while keeping an eye on this grow. Ive used Rapid Rooters a couple times but I dont like how they are so tipsy.

Thanks for the posts folks.

Little update all 3 of my seeds have sprouted and are pushing out of their Helmets, ill take pics tomorrow and after they are fully uncovered.

Hey all, excited about this update, my beans threw off their helmets yesterday and in 1 day have unfurled and doubled in size, looking very nice, i germed 3 seeds and they all cracked.
3seeds.jpg

Looking pretty good to me, i have them under my 4 bulb T5 right now, they are soaking up the light and loving it, they are throwing great tap roots.

root.jpg

Time to throw em into the Coco soon, im going to be doing the Hempy bucket thing, never tried it, but it seems to give the best results based on my research.

Anyone have any other suggestions for coco growing feel free to chime in, can always use hints or tips from the experienced.

Emmett

Hey MP'ers

Just a little update, not much to show at this stage as we all know, but my babies have tripled in size over the last 4 days, they are starting to push out a new set of leaves, so next watering im gonna hit em with a tiny bit of Rootbastic, try to get those roots established and get em growing strong.

I wish i could force them to grow through sheer force of will, they would be tipping over with bud right now, seeds always feel so slow to me.

1st.jpg2nd.jpg3rd.jpg

Thanks for watching

Emmett

Update time, havent been updating because honestly i am not at all thrilled with the growth rate of these seedlings, maybe its because i am used to hydroponics instead of coco, but these plants seem to be growing very very slowly, anyone out there reading, i wouldnt mind a comment on growth rate if you have one, just to see if im being impatient :)

But here they are about a month from hatching
php7BywHgAM.jpg

phpPcQwWBAM.jpg

phpPvmeiFAM.jpg

This is a Holy Grail OG clone i picked up last week, she really seems to be coming along nicely.

phprjOHP1AM.jpg

I fed them all today with a full dose of Blue Mountain Organics Grow it Green and Super Plant Tonic, also added 5 ML of Cal mag some Rootbastic, and 6 ML of Hygrozyme.

Thanks for reading.

Emmett

That's about right in my book. Looking good. They should start growing in leaps and bounds real soon. IMO GREEN MOJO

Thanks for visiting PP, and for the reassurance that my babies are growing at a decent rate, cant wait to get em into flower, im so excited to see how this stacks up against clone pre 98.

mojo for the bk babies IE...peace...

Latest posts

Back