pre-balls already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistil

Member since 1999
Reaction score
This morning i noticed a scary structure on one of my plants, even if i'm a total beginner it seems really a couple of balls to me :(

Could you please check and confirm?

This plant has born from a bag-seed found in a sinsemilla bag, so, as i read, i was already expecting an hermie from it… but i'm surprised because this plant is younger than the others (maybe just 1 month old) and, anyway, its in an early veg phase.

If this is a male, could i make a cup of tea with his leafs?:icon_smile:

theBaby.png

ballsFrontView.png

ballsSideView.png

closeUpFrontView.png

closeUpSideView.png

Yep, seems so :(
I isolated this plant from the others atm, waiting to take the suffered decision to kill it.

I found very strange that this younger one has already showed its gender, other plants seems all not gendered atm.

Hum, maybe i talked too soon... could these be female pre-flowers? They are from another plant that i thought was not gendered yet.

unknow1.png

unknow2.png

The second one looks female, just wait a day or 2, if you see them start to bunch up like grapes its male.

Normaly you dont have to worry about pollen opening up until there quite a few clusters.

Yeah first looks male for sure....not sure about the second one.

First one be male and these here ones lookin like they goin for the ladies section look for the ever tellin sext hairs and then yual knows fur sure. Wish yual luck my pilgrem friend.

BWD

The first pictures are male but the second pictures don't show anything but new limb growth, there is no sign of sex yet, at least not in those pictures.

Thanks all for answering!
Menimeth said:
the second pictures don't show anything but new limb growth, there is no sign of sex yet
I thought the same but i noticed a strange shape and i wanted to check, i'll pay a lot of attention in the next days to see what happens and i'll keep you posted.

After all, it's not such a tragic thing that this one is a male… i'm just hoping to end up having 2 healthy females because of my limited lamp and growing space. Two fat girls would be more than enough for making me proud and happy :D

If i'll be lucky and i'll end up with more than 2 females i'll see what to do… i'll buy another lamp or i'll put the less healty outdoor, praying for them.

Anyway, this experiment is giving me a lot of satisfaction, thanks again to everyone who helped me to start this hobby!

I think that it is too soon to tell on any of them yet, but like already mentioned, you have time. If you do have a male, it is really good for nothing but the compost pile. There is not enough THC to make tea or anything else.

First Plant - pics 4 and 5 are pretty conclusive... Male...

Second set of pics... all I see is veg growth.

G'luck

Well, i can confirm that the first plant is a male, today it's showing its gender even better… BUT, i actually found two female!!! :D :D :D

They both have a couple of very very small calix with the two hairy pistils exactly as in the pic BWD posted above, lovely! :D

They are too small atm, i spent an hour trying to take a decent picture of them but i have obtained just very unfocussed photos, i'll post them whenever it will be possible. They are close to new limbs growth but they are very different, yea, i'm pretty sure that they are very sexy, microscopic, calix :D

I'm too freaking happy! :D

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you do have a male, it is really good for nothing but the compost pile.
THG, thanks for the sugar coated explanation! :D :peace:
I missed to add some infos, let me clarify. I knew that there's any THC in such a young (and male) plant, i meant just a normal tisane, not a special one. I use to go in my garden grabbing leafs here and there from many plants as sage, nettle, etc and to make tisane with them… so i'm just curious to check if that male MJ can, at least, produce a good tasting thing to refresh me while i'm smoking his mum :D Sorry for not being clear.

Now i have to plan the flowering phase! :D Guys, in your opinion, how many weeks of vegging i'll have to wait before i need to get ready with the flowering items? Consider that the plant i posted above is the younger but the others are just some day to a couple of weeks older. (few more internodes)

I found a better magnifying glass to take some shots, so, here comes the genitals! :D

Pictures are not so clear but i'm pretty sure i can see the yellow hairs with naked eye, what do you think?

girl1a.png

girl1b.png

girl2a.png

girl2b.png

Yual pictures did well enough pilgrem congrats on the girls. Now just raisem up right and they be fillin yur pouch needs in no time ;) Good luck the trail yual walkin friend yual be happy with it walked in the end.

BWD

Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I'm in hurry because MotoGP race is starting but... Thanks for all the good vibes!
(posted from mobile phone)

Mighty glad yual happy pilgrem! Enjoys yur day!
(posted from fire smoke signals north side the mountain)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
(posted from fire smoke signals north side the mountain)
Loooooooooool!!! Can't believe you answered in this way! :D
(posted from that shitty modern device as above)
( Valentino rossi is 3rd)

Latest posts

Back