pre flower flush?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grownincali420

Reaction score
im thinking about running my clones on straight water/no nutes for 2 days before starting my flower cycle..i was thinking that it could help the plants adjust to the flowering nutes if i flush them first...let me know what you think..or if this is common and i just dont know, or if its a horrible idea...im trying to decide before they go to sleep at 8:30

I think you could keep giving nutes up til flush, but it's basically what you want to do. I'm just saying that giving nutes up til flush won't harm your plant.

BTW, don't be all worried... it's only a couple days. Either way is good.

im not really worried...i just want to start flowering on the 20th..and i wanted to give them 2 days if i was going to do it

im going to give them flowering nutes, but right now im using flora nova vegging nutes and i thought it might be beneficial to have the roots be cleared of the vegging nutes..i know about flushing them the last week or two of flowering, but i dont know if it applies before the flowering stage

I've heard of some people flushing the plant 2 or 3 times during the plants life... to get rid of nute build up...

Come on man... a caveman could do it.

LMAO

I realize your thinking that they will get the flower nutes quicker but most nutrient lines have a transition to bloom. Usually 1-1-1. Flushing is never hurtful but unnecessary unless a toxicity or lock-out problem occurs or during the last phase of flowering. By the time the 12/12 cycle lets the plants know to flower the flush would be through and you could lose a little growth especially if they are large, you could also get a deficiency problem that takes a skillful eye to properly identify. Keep up what you are doing and keep the fundamentals and you'll be cool. good luck man!!

thanks a lot man...i didnt know if i would be doing the opposite of what i was intending to do by flushing...good looking out bro

Latest posts

Back