Pre-Flower SEXING ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
Help is appreciated !

1) How do you tell the difference between a "small football" and "small catalax" ?
2) Is it possible to have only 1 hair coming from catalax ?
3) Is there a window of opportunity for identification ?
4) How do I identify Males before clusters appear ?

1. IMO, you really can't tell the difference between a "small football and a small catalax(sic)".

2. If you only have 1 "hair" coming from a calyx, it is most likely not a calyx and simply new growth.

3. No, there really is not necessarily a window of opportunity for identification.

4. I am not sure I really understand this question. Males (as well as females) show when they show. The first signs are the pre-flowers and they happen when the plant is sexually mature. There is no way to speed this process up.

How old are your plants? Do you have alternating nodes yet?

I hate to confuse the issue but I have on 1 occasion gotten bitten in the *** for assuming a white hair is female because it could end up hermie but thats not the norm

a girl has a white hair .. a boy I wait for 2 balls to be sure.. one ball could be confused with a calyx

Hey Jimmy, yes there is a window before a male starts spewing pollen. You have at least a week from the first ball to pollen.

Wishing you no balls.!

Latest posts

Back