Prep For Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

German Gigalo

Reaction score
What up MP, I plan on leaving my babies for 1-2 weeks and sadly I trust no one to tend to my garden. So I am wondering what are some important measures that I need to take before I leave. There are two main factors that I am concerned with. Obviously water delivery and overgrowth. I thought about making a water delivery system that I seen one the forum somewhere, but frankly I not trying to gamble with the H2O while I'm gone. I looked online and found numerious water delivery systems ranging from $30-$150. Here is one that I found, aside from the small capicity it seems decent.

http://www.smarthome.com/31102.html

Has anyone actually used one of these and what were the pros and cons.

My second concern is overgrowth. Ever since I changed my soil to FoxFarms and added the Grow Big nutes to my water my baby has been growing like a maniac. This is great but I use floro/Cfl combo's and the last thing I need is to come home and find out that my spot burned down because my plants grew into the light fixtures. Here are my preventive measures.

1.) measure rate of growth for the next 2 weeks.
2.) add that base line distance to the already light distance
3.) construct a "safety" screen ( 1 cm holes) just below the lights.

*I only have a mom in a 3 gal and 2 clones

Later MP

That system look good. I would consider one without going on vacation.

The screen you considering would be a good idea. Also another good idea is to keep the plant in small pots. Once they get rootbound a little growth will slow. The auto-water make sure they don't **** up too much water and dry out. ;)

The small pot idea is out the question because she is already in her final pot. I almost want to take like 8 clones from her to induce a semi shock :D to slow her down a bit.

-thanx for the help w the hyper link

-out

Now thats an excellent idea.. you could take the cuttings. pop em in water. set in the window or something. by the time you come back they'll have grown roots. I notice cloning in straight water misting is not much of an issue. I still do it, but its not as important as dirt cloning or rockwool. Just slow as hell.

ok...I read somewhere on this forum that plants will not grow if their light source is not above them. With my set up I have lights above my plants and 3 side mounted floro's. Could i turn the over head lights off and just keep the floro's going with out sending her into herm status? Hell, those side mounts are brighter than the CFL's anyways. Im guessing they might just widen out a bit.

-Out

Latest posts

Back