Prepping cuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lemon Jack said:
Oh i just thought as soon as you seed the root bumps you could slide them down in the cubes if you guys dont think it will work then nvm cause Im gonna use the rockwool cubes. My plan is to veg them in 4 in blocks till there ready to flower then move them over to my dwc system. Let my lights run 24/0 till i see roots from my net pot them flip them. that way I dont have to build 8 dwc systems just 4

I don't quite understand your plans here? They are rooting fast and well, why change your method? Why would you need 8 "systems" instead of 4? Just root as you are and when well rooted, put into a 3" net pot with hydrotron and into your DWC. Continue vegging until they are ready to flower and then just switch your light and nutes.

Hushpuppy--I have tried your idea with the rockwool and it did not work well for me--the rw just stayed too wet. I also believe that large rockwool cubes stay too wet in a DWC system.

I have two rooms one for veg and one for flower i want to do long vegs to get the most out of my plants i will run 4 5 gallon dwc buckets in flower but in my veg room i will just keep them in the rw cubes until they are ready for flower when they will then be put into my dwc systems. my veg room is already set up on a dripper system. Im not suremy cloning is going to well these are my first clones they have been cut and in rw 8 days there still standing but all the tips are browning but i think this is normal right?

anyway I just thought it woukd be easier sucess wise to use the cloner but i think i have pretty much decided against it thanks to you guys but still thanks for the input.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't quite understand your plans here? They are rooting fast and well, why change your method? Why would you need 8 "systems" instead of 4? Just root as you are and when well rooted, put into a 3" net pot with hydrotron and into your DWC. Continue vegging until they are ready to flower and then just switch your light and nutes.

Hushpuppy--I have tried your idea with the rockwool and it did not work well for me--the rw just stayed too wet. I also believe that large rockwool cubes stay too wet in a DWC system.
Hmm, That's good to know as I was wondering about just that situation, as I have heard that the RW is very water retentive. :)

Latest posts

Back