Presexing plants in outside conditions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botany_Bob

Reaction score
Does anyone start their plants outside in a greenhouse and let the natural low light conditions of winter presex their plants? I guess what I am really asking is at what point in the growth cycle can a plant be triggered into changing from veg to bloom, and be changed back to veg once sex is determined?

dont ''change back'' takes too long and imo too much stress... just take a cutting and sex the cutting...

Botany_Bob said:
Does anyone start their plants outside in a greenhouse and let the natural low light conditions of winter presex their plants? I guess what I am really asking is at what point in the growth cycle can a plant be triggered into changing from veg to bloom, and be changed back to veg once sex is determined?
Whats up BB. Plants will usually show pre flowers at about 6 weeks old some sooner some not at all. Like KADE said your best bet is to take a few cuttings and sex them. Putting your plant into flower them back to veg once sex is determined is very stressful and can cause your plant to hermie. :eek:

Latest posts

Back