pretty sure this one's ready.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentholiscold

Reaction score
I think I'll pull this one. Looks ready, the other still has a week or more. It flowered later.
IMG_20191221_154706621.jpg

Has about a 5% amber count. Mostly cloudy, didn't see any clears last night

I don’t see any amber trichomes. Do you normally harvest with very few ambers? Too many clear trichs in my experience gives a really racy, uncomfortable buzz.

It is easier to see trichome state in normal room lighting for me anyway. I see 2 amber trichs out of a hundred plus in one of your pics. I would wait if you can but it is all based on preference and of course, strain...

It is easier to see trichome state in normal room lighting for me anyway. I see 2 amber trichs out of a hundred plus in one of your pics. I would wait if you can but it is all based on preference and of course, strain...
Those were from yesterday morning. Gonna check this evening again, and see. But yeah, I'd like a higher amber count, but not too many. Kinda want a more cerebral high, since it's sour d. Thanks a lot.

If that was my plant, I’d give it another week, maybe more. I have a history of harvesting too early. I let my last grow go a week longer than I thought I needed to and I am happy I did. The effect is really enjoyable. Makes me really chatty and sociable. My typical early harvests the effect is more jittery and kinda paranoid. I think I was 20% or so amber. The bonus is your buds pack on weight too.

If that was my plant, I’d give it another week, maybe more. I have a history of harvesting too early. I let my last grow go a week longer than I thought I needed to and I am happy I did. The effect is really enjoyable. Makes me really chatty and sociable. My typical early harvests the effect is more jittery and kinda paranoid. I think I was 20% or so amber. The bonus is your buds pack on weight too.
Thanks for the advice. I'll take it

No problem. You have major frost but I see a lot of clear trichs in the pics. Another thing you could try to get a feel for what the effect is from an earlier harvest vs a later harvest is to harvest in stages. Take some buds in a week and some another week later. I have not tried it but have seen threads of folks that have. They were harvesting that was to let the lower buds develop more but it looks like it works.

No problem. You have major frost but I see a lot of clear trichs in the pics. Another thing you could try to get a feel for what the effect is from an earlier harvest vs a later harvest is to harvest in stages. Take some buds in a week and some another week later. I have not tried it but have seen threads of folks that have. They were harvesting that was to let the lower buds develop more but it looks like it works.
I've heard of that, too. Worth a shot. Figure the bigger of the two autos, is still at least a couple weeks out. So the first is my guinea pig. Taking a couple early buds, may really help.

Latest posts

Back