Prevenive Maintenence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KID

I have begun a fresh start after being infested with mites.My seedlings are under a week old and looking very healthy.Vigorous growth,and I want to keep it that way.What should I do to keep those boogers off me?To early for neem,huh?Should I foliar with plain water and dish soap?If so to what ratio,and should I look for an organic dish washing liquid?Is JOY ok to use?I am really avid in keeping these away.I would like to keep it as organic as possible,but wiiling to consider just about anything.Thanks all.KID

The best way is to not contaminate your growspace.

Mites get resistances to poisons very quickly.

What are you saying KADE?I should not use preventive maintenence and just wait and see if they come back?what about soapy water spray?

My plan was to spray with sudsy water for a few weeks,then one application of neem concentrate to get rid of any stragglers.What do you yhink?

.."IMHO", kid..the "preventative" maintnance should have been done prior to starting a new grow.
Every last piece of equiptment, lights, fixtures, meters,...and every inch of the space and surrounding area, every crack or crevice should be washed, cleaned and disinfected with a dilluted mixture of chlorine bleach. If the room is painted, a fresh coat of flat white paint could be beneficial as well.
Keep you grow area clean. All it takes for a 're'infestation is 1 single live female.

Yes Hick,I have done all those things to great extent.I will have some backup arsenel though..You dont think I should try the sudsy water spray,or the neem at week 3?Oh yes,and I did get all new equipment.

All it takes for a 're'infestation is 1 single live female.

KID said:
What are you saying KADE?I should not use preventive maintenence and just wait and see if they come back?what about soapy water spray?

Neem treatments or cinnamite or endall are fine... they can and will mess with leaves if not washed off after a few applications tho.

I use Neem and Dr. Bronners in a spray once a week through the last two weeks of flower. It works very well as a preventative.

I agree, do everything. I do the 'Hick' method including using a water shampooer to completely do the carpets.

During my grow I have an aircleaner/ionizer running. I have filters over my vents I cut from allergenic ones for the furnace.

I keep all dead matter out and live ones (pets) as well.

It all goes together bro. I got mold once and was like 'never again'. I am in an area notorious for Spider Mites and have never gotten it once (knock on wood!).

Yeah I got mites from some cuttings a friend gave me.:( Stupidity on my part.:p

KID said:
Yeah I got mites from some cuttings a friend gave me.:( Stupidity on my part.:p

If you have access to AVID... mix it up in the proper solution.. and dip any clones/plants in it you are bringing into your growroom... thas what I do.. works great! =)

BE VERY SAFE when using avid tho... it is a nerve toxin.

Latest posts

Back