Problem help 4w+ in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronsonwillner

Reaction score
Hello im 4+weeks in flower , one of the two girls has some yellow crispy leafs , the second one is quite ok , the one that has yellow leafs is a bit bigger in height than the one that has no problems.

View attachment IMG_0937.jpg

View attachment IMG_0919.jpg

View attachment IMG_0903.jpg

Burn from [emoji362]?

N deficiency ?

I added some vegging nutes and some pk 13 14 not in the same feed , in increased the hight of the light ! 600w hps with a wing , didnt flush .

Help is very appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a Nitrogen deficiency. When Nitrogen falls off in flower, the fan leaves are the first to show it. Very common for soil growers and hydro growers alike, when switching to flower, to cut off nitrogen too soon. I grow in hydro but in soil the same process has to happen, just applied differently. You need to have a supply that will dwindle down over the first 3 weeks of flower. This is because the plant still needs some nitrogen but in lessening quantities as it goes deeper into flower.

You did the best thing by adding some veg nutes. However, we don't like doing it that way as it can give the plant a quick "burst" of nitrogen, which can interfere with the chemical processes that govern flowering, thus causing the flowering phase to "pause". That wont necessarily hurt the plants or the flowering but it will cost you in flowering time, and possibly some (herm/nanner inducing) stress.

I don't know how much you added to them, not a lot I hope. If it was just enough then you likely wont see any issues. But the deeper yellowing leaves will die off at this point. Adding nutes late in this case wont help the yellowing leaves. But it may slow the "yellowing off" of the rest of the leaves until you are closer to finishing. :)

That looks like a Nitrogen deficiency. When Nitrogen falls off in flower, the fan leaves are the first to show it. Very common for soil growers and hydro growers alike, when switching to flower, to cut off nitrogen too soon. I grow in hydro but in soil the same process has to happen, just applied differently. You need to have a supply that will dwindle down over the first 3 weeks of flower. This is because the plant still needs some nitrogen but in lessening quantities as it goes deeper into flower.

You did the best thing by adding some veg nutes. However, we don't like doing it that way as it can give the plant a quick "burst" of nitrogen, which can interfere with the chemical processes that govern flowering, thus causing the flowering phase to "pause". That wont necessarily hurt the plants or the flowering but it will cost you in flowering time, and possibly some (herm/nanner inducing) stress.

I don't know how much you added to them, not a lot I hope. If it was just enough then you likely wont see any issues. But the deeper yellowing leaves will die off at this point. Adding nutes late in this case wont help the yellowing leaves. But it may slow the "yellowing off" of the rest of the leaves until you are closer to finishing. :)

Good thanks again for your response [emoji482]

Yup, what he said. Different plants take up nitrogen at different levels, even if from the same strain. I feed my vegging supplements up into the 4th week of flower with some strains. :vap-Bong_smoker:

Hello im 4+weeks in flower , one of the two girls has some yellow crispy leafs , the second one is quite ok , the one that has yellow leafs is a bit bigger in height than the one that has no problems. View attachment 248199 View attachment 248200 View attachment 248201 Burn from [emoji362]? N deficiency ? I added some vegging nutes and some pk 13 14 not in the same feed , in increased the hight of the light ! 600w hps with a wing , didnt flush . Help is very appreciated thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is partially solved the ph of the soil was [emoji573] high , flushed and only watered with 1ml of boost per 5 litters of water , now the problem didn’t get worse , i will only water for some days because i have to still lower the ph 🥊[emoji945][emoji379] .

Day 38 flower , one girl has 60% pistils from white to orange , the other is a bit behind like 1 week( grown togheter from the first day ther sativas but look like indica [emoji28]) i will get a magnification x200 to observe the movement.

Thanks guys for the help [emoji1531][emoji817]

View attachment IMG_1075.jpg

View attachment IMG_1077.jpg

View attachment IMG_1081.jpg

View attachment IMG_1079.jpg

They look good for starting their 5th week. Its not surprising that you are seeing dying pistol hairs as those were the first ones. The buds should continue to produce new hairs for a while. When the buds quit producing new, white pistol hairs then they are going into what is known as senescence (aka old age), that means you need to start watching the trichomes for milky/amber ripeness. I like to get as much milky/cloudy trichs as possible while not going over about 10% amber. I generally shoot for about 5% amber (eyeballed guestimate) :eek:

They look good for starting their 5th week. Its not surprising that you are seeing dying pistol hairs as those were the first ones. The buds should continue to produce new hairs for a while. When the buds quit producing new, white pistol hairs then they are going into what is known as senescence (aka old age), that means you need to start watching the trichomes for milky/amber ripeness. I like to get as much milky/cloudy trichs as possible while not going over about 10% amber. I generally shoot for about 5% amber (eyeballed guestimate) :eek:

She still has white pistils , for 2 days i watched her with a microscop all crystal no amber at all 🧐 , veged them for about 2 months [emoji851]

Yeah its not surprising that they have clear trichs at this point. They should have at least 3 more weeks to go. :)

Nice job you guys. They look beautiful Bronson.

Thanks guys i would have been lost in the woods for much more time than i was if you guys didnt help me with good information with years of experience [emoji817][emoji1531]

Still got a little to go [emoji33]

The two girls are not in the same stage of bud development if the one who is ahead has the milky amber we look for and the other one dosent how could i dry one and keep the other one in flower untill i get milky amber from here to ?

Low on drying space any good idees ??

I have hung plants in the bathroom shower, closet, shed. If she is ready take her and let the other one finish. Garage?

send the finished one to my house for testing. be patient for the other. they look good!

has anyone tryed to dry buds outside in a box in the dark if the temperature and humidity is good ? With a fan in the box to move the air ?? 10x

I wouldn't see why not but keep an eye on weather and surrounding stuff

Your plants look a little beat up but yes they look normal.

Latest posts

Back