Problem with my 2 week old plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here. I planted the seed about 2 weeks ago, and the plant seems to be having some problems. I did as much of my own research as I could and couldn’t conclude what the problem was, so maybe you all could help me. Here’s a couple pictures.
7C87FB61-3F8E-4DE1-8986-E926DE711856.jpeg61C05DC2-32CB-4549-B663-B4960690E80B.jpeg

Welcome Frank. First, tell us what you are doing so we can figure our exactly what is wrong. We can tell what is wrong from the picture most likely but you need to learn how to speak the language.....so whatsya doing?

Welcome Frank. First, tell us what you are doing so we can figure our exactly what is wrong. We can tell what is wrong from the picture most likely but you need to learn how to speak the language.....so whatsya doing?

Gotcha, sorry about that. I’ve just been watering after the top inch or so of soil dries out. I have not been providing it with any other nutrients or anything. Does that answer to ur question? If not, I’d be happy to provide more details😁

I will help get you through the day. First , let tap water sit overnight. That will allow the chlorine and other bad chemicals to dissipate. Next and NOW get some cal/mag at the local grow store or nursery. Give 7 1/2 mil/gal next time you water....sooner than later. Cut the dead stuff out as it won't come back. Next you need something to measure your ph of the water. Tap is usually 7.0 and you need no more than 6.5. If your medium is sunshine and it looks like it is you can go lower. Do this now.

Next, Introduce yourself tell us what your goals and plans are. Then READ! Lots of good info right in the beginners forums. Do that now......that is your homework for the day.....now get to it.....

I will help get you through the day. First , let tap water sit overnight. That will allow the chlorine and other bad chemicals to dissipate. Next and NOW get some cal/mag at the local grow store or nursery. Give 7 1/2 mil/gal next time you water....sooner than later. Cut the dead stuff out as it won't come back. Next you need something to measure your ph of the water. Tap is usually 7.0 and you need no more than 6.5. If your medium is sunshine and it looks like it is you can go lower. Do this now.

Next, Introduce yourself tell us what your goals and plans are. Then READ! Lots of good info right in the beginners forums. Do that now......that is your homework for the day.....now get to it.....

Awesome, thanks so much for all the great info and for your time! I really appreciate it!

Good Advice Pute
Frank Can I inquire as to the soil, store bought, home made , or from back yard?
Soil is important too.

you need to loose that potting soil and use something that is kinder to your plant...try the miracle grow pro organic soil mix, it will make life easier...get a pH pen to dial in your water...that's a must...

you need to loose that potting soil and use something that is kinder to your plant...try the miracle grow pro organic soil mix, it will make life easier...get a pH pen to dial in your water...that's a must...

Will do! Thank you for the advice!!! I appreciate it.

It's all a learning process, even when you've done this for years. That is part of the beauty and art of growing. Luckily for us all, there are great forums with good people, like this one. Welcome and enjoy the process!

It's all a learning process, even when you've done this for years. That is part of the beauty and art of growing. Luckily for us all, there are great forums with good people, like this one. Welcome and enjoy the process!

Thank you! I’m obviously very amateur, but I look forward to learning lots of new info! Even from this thread I’ve already learned a lot and I appreciate all of you for your contributions. ❤️

Latest posts

Back