Problems in Michigan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mswit10296

Reaction score
Just got this from a forum to which I belong. If you live in Michigan please take the time to read this and react as your conscience and convictions so directs you. We are loosing this fight right now. They may succeed in putting the genie back in the bottle on this one here in Michigan. The fact that the folks behind this are public officials using public resources to subvert the public will in order to project their morals on the majority is the most disturbing aspect of this.

Body of Notice I cut and pasted:

Hi Folks, I am writing you today to share important news and information from the front. Because you have been writing, calling and visiting your Reps. In historic numbers, the legislature is scrambling to adjust their position on these Bills. They are now saying that they will be submitting new Bills. We have heard there will be five of them. We have also heard that they are losing support in the legislature. The people are in the fight and they will not be ignored. What this means is we must continue to apply pressure. We must keep doing exactly what we’re doing. We must get a lot more people involved. We need to be sending them thousands of letters a day. The one thing the government has proven is that they can’t be trusted with our law, patients and caregivers. For the next month we must educate the public. Continue to lobby the government anyway we can. We will win this fight.
We are fighting this fight on many fronts. We are doing around the clock conference calls to determine and maintain the correct course of action. We will not leave any stone unturned.
The people know the facts of our case. We enjoy their support. They are watching with interest how we are treated by the government. Over the last three years, the amount of terror that has been heaped upon our community is beyond belief. I have listened in horror as the attorney general and members of the legislature have slandered and libeled the sick and dying. They now ask us to trust them immediately after they introduce an abundance of Bills that will land patients in jail. At this point the government must implement this law as voted on by the public.

Please keep sending emails. We’ve got their attention. Now let’s finish the fight. Click the link below to quickly send your letter to every Rep or use one of our prewritten letters.

Please visit both of the links below to send a clear message to the legislature. Time is short. Please help us and yourself by defending the act. "http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/ email/MMMA_minorml_email_form_letter1. html">Call, Visit Or write Your Rep. Before It Is Too Late! Click
We Must Save The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act!Help us save the Michigan medical marijuana act by clicking here! It only Takes a Couple of Seconds to sign This petition

"http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/"& gt;Keep up with the latest news by Clicking Here

Here is a summary of the House Bills and what they would mean to patients and caregivers.

HB4397 Forbids a club who charges a membership to have events. This means almost all social events would be illegal.
HB4463 Would forbid felons from being caregivers
HB4661 Is the School, Church and Daycare law. This law would nullify the Act.
This law would punish the sickest patients in Michigan. Those that live in areas of high population are much more likely to be impacted. For instance in Holland, 85% of th cities population was excluded, because of drug free zones, from the protection of the act. The national average is 80% of a metro area. In areas where studies have been conducted, minorities and poor people were much more likely to be impacted by drug free zones. In one state the enhanced penalties were absorbed by minorities to the tune of 96%.
Hb4834 This is the add a photograph Bill. This Bill goes much further than that. It opens the law up to law enforcement having full access to our registry data. It would provide a shopping list to police. You have t read the complete text of these Bills.
HB4850 Would make it illegal for a caregiver to transfer to a patient that he/she is not connected to. It also makes it illegal for a patient to acquire meds from anyone other than their primary caregiver. The penalty for both patients and caregivers is a felony conviction which bar the defendant from asserting the Medical defense. This means if a caregiver had 72 plants and 15 ozs. They would be facing 7 years in Prison and a $500,000 fine. They would be tried under the PHC/CSA. Patients with 12 plants and 2.5 ozs. Would be facing 4 years and a $20,000 fine.
HB4851 Redefines a doctor/patient relationship. Patients would be denied the Medical defense if the doctor did not follow the Standard of Care. In addition this Bill would redefine what a locked enclosed facility is. This Bill would mean prison for patients and caregivers.
HB4852 This Bill would subject all of us to the whims of local zoning boards. Folks in many localities know what this means. Townships would be able to outlaw growing patients and cargivers.
HB4854 Would make it illegal for a caregiver t advertise. If the caregiver does advertise they would be looking at a year in jail.
HB4856 Would make it illegal to transport marijuana except in limited circumstances. A patient or caregiver would subject to 90 days in prison.
HB5286 would allow police with a search warrant the right to check the registry prior to execution of the warrant.

Thanks,
Blueberry

-------------------------------------

This IS the law already.

Roddy said:

This IS the law already.

So is HB4850

Maybe they are duplicating some of the laws so that the citizens understand them better.:confused2:

Hey Ozzy, ever wonder how these threads get sidetracked??? Yep, it's comments like this that I've come to expect from the pot stirrer. Congrats duck, you can't keep out of a thread (hey, who was it said that???) without making it into a mudslinger. IGNORE!!!

Hey Herm, you want to complain about pollution, why not start with the one who seems to antagonize most of these??

Roddy said:

This IS the law already.

No it isn't. The law as it stands right now is people with a felony conviction for drugs can't be care givers. You seriously need to stop and do a google search before you make ANY posts.

without reading the bills, herm, I think...you and roddy said THE SAME thing. "Both" of you are saying convicted felons can NOT be permitted care givers.

"HB4463 Would forbid felons from being caregivers
This IS the law already."... <-- roddy

"The law as it stands right now is people with a felony conviction for drugs can't be care givers."...<--you
:confused2:..

just in case you missed this..;)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=750672&postcount=16
thanks

There are hundreds of different felonies out there other than drug convictions. If we are saying the same thing he needs to learn what the words hes using mean.

HB4463 would change it from drug felonies to all felonies.

Roddy said:
Hey Ozzy, ever wonder how these threads get sidetracked??? Yep, it's comments like this that I've come to expect from the pot stirrer. Congrats duck, you can't keep out of a thread (hey, who was it said that???) without making it into a mudslinger. IGNORE!!!

Hey Herm, you want to complain about pollution, why not start with the one who seems to antagonize most of these??

Roddy you really need to chill. :rofl::rofl:

I believe many people on our forum are just getting tired of your act.

Not everything on our forum is about you,even though you believe it is:rofl::rofl:

Where was I slinging mud?:rofl::rofl:

Maybe you should go back to bed then get up on the right side with a better attitude.

And please do ignore me, you have mentioned this so many times and never do.

Herm said:
There are hundreds of different felonies out there other than drug convictions. If we are saying the same thing he needs to learn what the words hes using mean.

HB4463 would change it from drug felonies to all felonies.

ahhhh.. that clears that up :)

Now, thats some CRAZY restrictive bills MI has got there. Have fun with that.

pcduck said:
Roddy you really need to chill. :rofl::rofl:

I believe many people on our forum are just getting tired of your act.

Not everything on our forum is about you,even though you believe it is:rofl::rofl:

Where was I slinging mud?:rofl::rofl:

Maybe you should go back to bed then get up on the right side with a better attitude.

And please do ignore me, you have mentioned this so many times and never do.

You are correct, as I've said, gunshy from the latest rounds. Used to seeing nothing but mudslinging from you, and figured this was yet another innuendo slant at us "slow MI folk". My bad and I apologize, duck!

Roddy said:
You are correct, as I've said, gunshy from the latest rounds. Used to seeing nothing but mudslinging from you,

I have not been mudslinging, just correcting your misinterpretations/misunderstandings and of your constant arguing of your misinterpretations/misunderstandings.

Roddy said:
Yeah, in a nice and friendly manner, no less! :)

I come here to get accurate information. As you can see I post very little in the years I have been a member here because I try to only post when I know the information I am posting is correct. Posting incorrect information in a forum like this can really screw people over so before you hit the submit button you should probably check to make sure that the information you are posting is correct.

Herm said:
I come here to get accurate information. As you can see I post very little in the years I have been a member here because I try to only post when I know the information I am posting is correct. Posting incorrect information in a forum like this can really screw people over so before you hit the submit button you should probably check to make sure that the information you are posting is correct.

And by all means, if you see anything incorrect, correcting nicely makes for much nicer conversations and less angst. ;)

Or you could just stop posting things that are wrong.

Herm said:

Herm that just won't happen....Roddy enjoys arguing himself in circles too much. Nice to see the list of peeps getting tired of His crap getting bigger and bigger. I guess it is so bad that he now unloads on pc for no reason at all.:eek:

Herm said:

Yep, I suppose we're all human and mistakes happen. Asking for someone to not make any....well that's not thinking clearly, is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back