problems with big plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
OK i got some clones off a friend and they looked great . i got 10 BigBlue and 10 Tangerine Dream
my problem is the Tangerine dream have grown / stretched more than i thought they would
i grow in 2 tents ..... 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.00
the plants in the pics are now 3 weeks into flower and are now approx 1.2 meter high.
IMG_2664.JPGIMG_2665.JPGIMG_2666.JPG
i have been thinking about putting a net up (Scrog net ) . it would be hard ... i would have to place each plant one at a time and feed the branches into the net ..
i really don't know what to do ..... if i let them grow as they are , they will fall over later when/ if they get good buds . they bottom half off the plant is really not getting much light now because the plants are so tall

so i thought id ask what some you more experience growers would do in this situation
thanks for any help
smeg

i use Canna coco A+B with cannazym and rizotionic .

I believe that he meant what type of lighting are you using? How far from plants, how many? That kinda thing:) :)

Yep those are some streched plants.. They look like the light is too far above them or they should have been topped multiple times as they were growing..Its a lil late for topping and in flower you dont want to do that- I would just get stakes and plan on staking them when the colas get some weight. JMO Hero

I think Hero is right....I wld get some stakes and stake those babies. Maybe you can pull some good sized buds up top. I use those orange driveway markers....made of fiberglass I believe. I use pipe cleaners to attach the branches.

We need to know how much light you have before we can be of real help. However, I would probably be for doing some LST on these. I am betting the stems are pliable enough to get a bend on them.

hi all
ive got 9 off them under a 600w cooltube , the light has allways been right abvove the plants .... about 4-6" away ...
i did LST them about 20 ago , then i had to go working away for 10 days and left my girl to water them , when i got back most off the plants had pulled the wire off that i had used for LST .
thanks
smeg

I'm kinda goin throughbthe same thing right now my mothers were already like 3 and a half feet tall and i flipped them a week ago. I have been tieing down all the branches since i only got about another foot ov vertical room.

While a 600W HPS is adequate for a 4 x 4 tent, I also believe that a cool tube would have trouble spreading light evenly over that much space, especially with your tube that close to the canopy. In addition, I really see no bud development either. After 3 weeks in 12/12 I would expect to see much more bud development. Your plants certainly look to be suffering from not enough light...

PuffinNugs said:
use it for clones, then give the clones the proper lighting
:yeahthat:

That seems to be the only sensible thing to me.

Wet

Latest posts

Back