Problems with germinated seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting my 2nd grow but having some trouble. I'm using the "seedburger" method of germinating (seeds between two damp sponges) which worked well for me last time. This time I've run into a problem.

After germinating 5 seeds (just bagseed) I transferred them to small pots. I had one break the soil and stand up just fine, but the other four wouldn't stand up after breaking the soil. After waiting about a week for them to stand up I examined them to find that each had a taproot that was pretty tightly coiled up like a little spring.

Now I've got one plant progressing pretty nicely but can't seem to get even a second one going. Anybody have an idea what's going on? Any input appreciated and thanks to all who take time to read this.

It might just be the genetics of your bagseed. I had the same problem one time before with a few seeds. IMHO the best thing you can do is toss the one's that didn't germinate and start a few more.

Latest posts

Back