Problems with seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unix

Reaction score
Hiya everyone got a little problem with some feminised seeds i got, when i try and germinate them in a paper towel they crack and the taproot comes out after about 24hours but then the root doesnt seen to grow much bigger and they dont sprout to threw the surface this has happened to about 5 of the 10 seeds so far expensive seeds for this to happen :confused: im keeping the soil most the hole time i dont think there rotting from the soil being to damp, any ideas?..

how long we're they in the paper towel? bacteria can build up on a paper towel.. i don't think paper towels are really all that sanitary, but tons have germed using the paper towel method.. some times if seeds are too old, they will lose they're vigor and simply crack open and go no further.. keep the water distilled, the temps in the 70s, and them beans dark and moist under the soil.. they could take 6 days to pop up even.

Ok thanks for the info, however iv only ever used the paper towel method and have had success with hundreds of bagseeds they taproots usually go wild 2days in the towel and there massive put them in the ground the nextday there up, iv never had them take 5 or 6 days i thought if they take that long there gonna be slow growers the hole grow?, i acquired the seeds from seedsbotique would the seeds be old from there? the free seeds i got none of the 5 germinated which makes me wonder...

Well theres only 1 in the ground now its been there about 24hours, i dug the other 4 up after like 4 or 5days and the roots didnt grow much at all like im talking 1cm long after 4days with seed shell still intact. its so frustrating i have 4bagseeds here im going to try them next i rekon they will sprout the bagseeds to the eye are bigger than my hollands hopes seeds and look of better quality, it ***** everytime i buy seeds online the free ones dont germinate or something like this happenes.

Feminised seeds are Sh** waste of 100bucks!! not 1 seed that survives and 1seed that was already squashed on arrival.. yeh grow dope its easier than buying it when ur seeds sprout

sounds like a ph problem to me...perhaps the ph is too high, I think it should be about 5.8 for seeds to root...I use stabilized rockwool at 5.8 and have a very high rate of sucess...

Why not try just putting them in the soil and letting them do their thing?

Latest posts

Back