problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I had problems with mold starting on some of my buds. I am sorry that I don't have any pics for you. Have not had the chance to get a camera yet. Any way I had to take about a dozen of my best buds due to mold issues. Will the plants keep budding even though I have harvested some off from them? Another thing that is bothering me is that about 3 days before I had to harvest the plants only took about half of the normal amount of water that they usually do. Its been about a week since I have watered them and I lifted the grow bags and they still feel heavy. Can anyone explain to me why they would all of the sudden stop using as much water? I know I am not the best at explaining myself so if you need any more details please let me know. Thank You.

get air moving asap....... what's you RH(relative humidity) ...... what is your room temp?

The room temp varies from 58-62 during dark and 68-76 during lights on. The humidity goes from around 40% to sometimes 70%. Would the buds molding have anything to do with the plants not using as much water? And will the plants recover from cutting some of the buds off? Thanks.

It will not hurt the plants at this point to remove some of the bad buds, but it almost sounds like they are in shock from something. Usually if they have been growing good and suddenly stop taking water and are developing other problems that can be root rot occuring. I would suspect but can't swear to it, that the low temps have been negatively affecting the plants(the wide temp swing will also shock them as well), and now they have gotten sick from the issue and have become susceptable to mildew that may be coming from root rot.

How is your ventilation into and out of the grow space, and do you have fans moving air around within the space? That is most likely the root cause(pardon the pun).

70% humidity, may have somethign to do with it. not good at all, want to keep ventilation going at all times.

if you cut too much off it can kill or stop growth for awhile. that could be it too.

also the low temps at night make uptake slower. i keep them around 65

If you live where the RH is high most of the time your going to need to look into a dehumidifier...... short term you might try a little heater to keep temp up..... which should lower your RH some.

If you don't lower RH your going to play heck drying out your buds.

I have 4" duct work going from my oil furnace to my flowering room. I have a 4" inch inline fan exhausting the air out of the room. It runs all the time when the lights are on and it runs about 15mins out of an hour when lights are off. I was watering every four days with about a gallon of water/plant. They seemed very dry so I tried watering after 3 days, the first time I did this it was ok but the next time I watered it ran right through the soil. I have not watered since and that was a week ago today. When I went to check on them Friday night that's when I noticed the start of mold, so I cut off any buds that even looked suspicious. I always have let my soil dry out before watering them, why would I have root rot? Is it because of the swing in humidity? Thanks.

Do you have a fan blowing on the plants?

Yeah but its only a 6 inch fan. After this grow is over I plan on getting a 16 inch wall mount fan.

Latest posts

Back