Project Green-1st Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsCashed

load another
Reaction score
hey whatsup yall. new to this forum and stuff but yeah love weed. so heres my plants I have going. I started out a super newb, not knowing anything about growing and believing common myths, but since I've been on forums, I've learned so much. Heres my log I also have on grasscity forums. I hope to learn here as much about this badass hobby here as I do there.

Hey whatsup. New to the forums and all and thought I'd show yall my growing experiment. I call it project green. I duno...thought it up when I was just blitzed. My plan is to have just a simple grow setup supporting 2 or 3 plants yielding something worth smoking... Maybe when I get more experienced with all this, I will look into cloning. I used the very few seeds I found in a sack of pretty decent bud i got. Right now tho, I just hope my plants will grow up female... so yeah...heres project green, any critisim or tips are greatly appreciated.

Oct.14-The day after being put into soil after germination using wet paper towel method:
picture%20013%20(Small).jpg

it sprouted! :smoke1:
picture%20014%20(Small).jpg

the set up

Oct.16-Bought another lamp and low output flouro light in preparation of the 2nd germinating seed.
picture%20016%20(Small).jpg

anyone know why some baby plant's stems are redish and some are just green?
picture%20018%20(Small).jpg

two lamps is better than one right?

Oct.18-Yup still alive :ccc:
picture%20007s.jpg

2800 lumens times 2
picture%20008s.jpg

cmon grow faster...

Oct.20-Mylar roll came and using cardboard boxes, I made some mylar surrounded grow boxes for more exposure to light. Also set up the 2nd pot and put the germinated seed #2 in the pot. I have been using just some seemingly good potting soil from walmart on the bottom of the pots and using Scotts potting soil for seed growth. I thought it'll be good for the baby plants m.j its meant for newly sprouted plants.
picture%20001.jpg

outside without the roof panals
picture%20010.jpg

with the roof panals

picture%20003%20(Small).jpg

thats the mylar on one of the roof panals
picture%20008.jpg

yup
picture%20005s.jpg

inside view
picture%20007ss.jpg

growing up

Oct.23-Left town for the weekend and wasn't able to water them. Came back and the tip of one left on plant 1 was yellow. Makes me sad but its still rockin. Also took off that shade around the desklamp im using to maybe give more light around.
picture%20008sss.jpg

plant #1 on left and plant #2 (which sprouted during the weekend) on right
picture%200041.jpg

up and coming leaves of plant #1
picture%200052.jpg

its getting a lil big!
picture%20006ss.jpg

baby plant#2 after just getting watered.[/quote]

more coming

more coming
Oct.24-got some new lights today.

a philips 40watt 48 inch 1600lumen 2700k plant & aquarium which advertises "a unique spectral range of color that is designed to enhance the growth of indoor plants and aquatic vegetation. This light from this one is tinted pink.

a OTT-LITE: natural light suppement 48inch bulb. doesnt say how many lumens or color temp or anything on the box however it goes on and on about how this Dr. John Ott made this lamp and how hes knows his **** so i decided to take their word and get it.

I also got that fixture from a local hardware store. Suppose to hang on the ceiling but when I put the S-hooks up on the ceiling, it started to get weak. like the ceiling wall won't hold on to the stuff pushed in them; maybe cuz its hollow or something. I decided to just place it on the grow box thing i made. i cut out a square on each side so the actual bulbs arn't touching anything and its the metal reflector thats supporting the light on the box.

I don't know how far away to place these lights so im just hoping it'll do okay at the distance it is at now.

picture%20001a.jpg

picture%20002a.jpg

picture%20003a.jpg

picture%20004a.jpg

picture%20006a.jpg

plant#1 progress
picture%20005a.jpg

plant #2 progress
picture%20008a.jpg

the different colored lights

Oct.29-my plants arn't doing too good. I think its the soil. I shoulda gone with some good soil. I dunno whats wrong with them? whys plant 1's leaves all bunching together in the middle. you can't even see the stalk anymore! and plant 2 has burned leaves and its growing pretty slow...

1st plant is like 2 weeks old
2nd plant is almost 1 week old

are they small for their age?

pixture%20005.jpg

plant #1: is that nute burn?
pixture%20006.jpg

whats with all the bunching in the middle?
pixture%20003.jpg

new leaves
pixture%20004.jpg

top view: it looks sick
pixture%20001.jpg

I'm not even feeding it nutrients, its just the soil i think
pixture%20008.jpg

looks like a cabbage

pixture%20007.jpg

plant #2
pixture%20009.jpg

more nute burn?
pixture%20010.jpg

top view: pretty cool how its symetrical
pixture%20011.jpg

still a baby

any comments/tips/criticisms encouraged and greatly appreciated
more coming

Oct.31-Halloween

got some some y sockets and several 28w cfl. added them to the grow. When I added all the Y sockets and bulbs the weight of the bulbs forced the lamp head to fall on to plant 1 burned like 3 leaves. (see pic). Plant 2 seems to be doing well.

Is there enough light for it to grow big enough for a decent harvest in the flowering phase? I plan on using a 150w HPS light in flowering. I got 2 hps bulbs for free and I need to read up more on ballasts and stuff as i am electrical noobasaurus.

Could there be a ballast with like 2 sockets so I can fit two 150w HPS bulbs?

and do i really need a reflector? i mean i got mylar in the box already. if I had the hps set up w/out reflector hanging in the middle of the 2 plants and i rotated the plants every 12 hours to spread the light then it should be fine right?

and does anyone reccommend anyplace to buy them besides eBay?

thanks.

pixxturea%20018.jpg

pixxturea%20012.jpg

the 3 bulb setup on both plants look like that
pixxturea%20017.jpg

pixxturea%20013.jpg

almost like a ball of leaves
pixxturea%20010.jpg

the area where the cfl rested on for like an hour or more...
pixxturea%20001s.jpg

pixxturea%20003s.jpg

pixxturea%20019.jpg

comments? tips? advice?
hope it fits

Nov.2-growing pretty quick

pixastua 014.jpg

peek into the room
pixastua 003.jpg

plant #1. tapes there to bound and keep the lamp head from slowly falling (if it does just in case) on to the plant.
pixastua 007.jpg

pixastua 010.jpg

some burns. it'll probably be okay but should i do anything to help this?
pixastua 012.jpg

about 4 inches tall now and very bushy.
pixastua 002.jpg

plant #2
pixastua 004.jpg

growing fast!
pixastua 006.jpg

sticks are there so if the lamp should fall due to the bulbs weight, it'll rest on the sticks and not the plants. I need to a better way or new fixtures or something.
pixastua 005.jpg

doing good
pixastua 011.jpg

fan blowing into the box. I'm hoping some air goes in and pushes hot air out and airs out the box some.

pixastua%20015.jpg

thats where the air goes in the box. i can see that the air is circulating because i can see the mylar move around some.
mom%20picss.jpg

and some sweet ganja to smoke as i watch the grass grow

Nov.9-Plant #1's tragic death along with the sick health of #2 discourages me greatly.

2wqwdci.jpg

curling leaves and burnt everything. I flushed the plant after these pictures. and i think its doing better because of it.
2sakvgh.jpg

4d5pz47.jpg

Nov.13-Tomorrrow is this plant's 1 month birthday. Its so wide and bushy and isn't growing that much taller. is that a problem?

2eg7fba.jpg

setup now with the fan blowing towards the only plant.
2igkig2.jpg

plant in its entirety
4ie5cwg.jpg

bulb setup
33vezpl.jpg

RIP plant #2
2w5njt1.jpg

the plants stump...its like growing outwards but not up anymore i think. did I accidently "top it" some how?

Nov.16-the other 2 plants have sprouted and the original survivor, plant #1, is doing good.

314dkkg.jpg

plant#1
4h0sdqd.jpg

zig zag for size reference
2eoadyx.jpg

2czt1t3.jpg

2mrz281.jpg

2vubj7q.jpg

48xe843.jpg

plant #2
47i5l79.jpg

plant #3

Nov.18

2qs5pqb.jpg

plant #1
2uho707.jpg

plant #1 looks good
29glbvk.jpg

34jd5yr.jpg

the new plant #2 since the original #2 died:(
4h3etmu.jpg

plant#3

Nov.21-******* a. i got all these ******* pictures and then i hit the back button on the browser...erased it all...pisses me off.anyways my plants are burnt once again! i had to flush it again yesterday. What do i do? is it the lights too close or a weird nute burn? Oh and its big enough to give off a noticeable smell now. :)

2ily0kx.jpg

plant #1
2drz5zq.jpg

2iu8hg4.jpg

lookie them burnss

401309x.jpg

plant #2
2qb6ntf.jpg

tiny *** plant #3
405z4aq.jpg

current light formation
2z6ci0m.jpg

fan blowing directly on the plants for strong stems and stuff

oh and i found these hairs which to me resemble a female plant's earliest stages of showing sex but its weird because the plants been under 24/7 its entire life. What are they?
2m60gsz.jpg

30xkba8.jpg

Nov.28-Looking very bad after I came back from Thanksgiving break. I will change setup soon. I also gave my camera to my father. I'm looking for another one. As of Now I have to use my camera phone.
436ipgi.jpg

2vsfbyw.jpg

Nov.30-Changed Setup:
2wcnuco.jpg

Each plant is in an individual mylar wrapped box with lights in them. The worklight is still resting on the box. I also found another little tube ligh fixture so I duct taped it to the box. I want to have another box made because it will fit the wall perfectly. I would put them side by side with their own lights and that worklight on top. HPS flood lights shining on them from the other side of the lil room. Input?

I plan on having plant #1 veg until around Christmas time. I also am looking for some lowryder #2 seeds so if I plant them soon hopefully they will harvest around the same time (March or May). Is 60 days enough for flowering for the bagseed or should I leave it longer? I dunno but thats all a plan. How does it sound? reasonable? input?

I also got the 2 HPS flood lights. They didn't have the standard power plug and so I'm a little stumped right now: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...p-did-i-just-waste-70-lights.html#post1327945

2hgu841.jpg

it looks good
2iu4wva.jpg

setup
2laaecz.jpg

flourishing
2d8hxlj.jpg

gonna have 6+ bud sites :hello:
2d2g285.jpg

retarded 2nd plant that I think imma chop once I get lowryders up and going.
4e06qet.jpg

charlie brown christmas tree

Oh and heres a dirty secret...I heard that nitrogen deficency can be seen in the leaves yellowing on the edges or around and i heard urine is rich in nitrogen when diluted is good for the plant. So i pissed a little bit (like a 2cm in a bottle and put distilled water in the bottle and watered plant #1 like that. It seems to be doing really good!

The smell is coming in too. Kinda skunky. Nice...

Comments?

plants seem to be doing well. looks like i'll be getting lowryder sometime in the immediate future. can't wait.

the new lights wired up and shining!

anyone wanna buy 2 150w hps mongol based bulbs never used i got extra? paypal accepted hehe

33af7dw.jpg

4e01wnr.jpg

lol clip the dead brown leaves that just a desease and by leaving the dead yellow and brown leaves its just spreading clip any dead leaves off every couple of days dont worry it shouldnt hurt it your most important are your fan leaves anyway the biggest

Hey dude.

I do not know what is in that potting mix or what you've been giving the plants. That would help a lot. If it's nothing that is weird b/c that does look like heavy nute burn. Also how dry is the soil getting (maybe that's why your diluted urine perked 'er up)?

I have seen N def and it does not start like that. The first sign is the fan leaves globally yellowing (but not drying) as they try to keep the new growth/flowers alive.

After that everything turns yellow and then the plant dies.

The 'bunching up' is exuberant leaf growth probably fueled by nutes, but doomed b/c there is just too much.

You are right to try a flush, but also take an inventory of the situation; what things are going on in the environment?

well i read some on hydroton clayballs and i am gonna dig up the top layer of the soil (which is some crappy soil i shouldn't have used w/ too much long term fertilizer) and put a layer of the hydroton in there to let the roots better utilize its space/soil.

and this might sound really stupid but...
I have never heard of clipping off the yellow leaves. I thought of doing it many times but was always scared of hurting the plant. Thanks alot!

There is some really good info about urine as a fertilizer in my grow journal. I decided not to go that route, but it does work, if done carefully. It looks as though you are doing the research, so the information there should give you some tips. I would go 5% max once a week and definately dump the runoff. Excess salts can be a problem.

Good Luck

well thats preflowering when u plant been under 4 weeks of 24 they begin to mature 5 to 6 weeks if still in 24 which is pre-sexing you might a well switch it your just wasting time in veg unlesss u plan on doin a mother

flipmode said:
well thats preflowering when u plant been under 4 weeks of 24 they begin to mature 5 to 6 weeks if still in 24 which is pre-sexing you might a well switch it your just wasting time in veg unlesss u plan on doin a mother

wait im a bit lost. are you talking about
30xkba8.jpg

preflowering? i still dont know what those lil hairs are. i thought im having my plants in veg phase to grow bigger so when flowering comes, more buds come out. i was thinking of switching it to 18/6 and then 12/12 by christmas time.

well those are the pistil look real close they may fool u at first into thinking those are white hairs .if its female u should be able see the white hairs splitting from the female take a good look if there is three or more hairs sticking out best bet its a female.oh and they get too big you can do the bending munever which is bending your plant by a 90 to 180 angle.do your research on this first you dont want to snap your plant in half

Latest posts

Back