Pruning? (not fan leaves....)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefullybud

Reaction score
So reading through the stickied guide I had looked into taking plants into a 2nd and 3rd harvest... in part it says its good to prune these "recycled plants" would it be equally benificial to prune a plant that had came up from seedling of its lower growth? and if so by pruning does it mean to trim from the node a bud grows from or the lower branches that are seeing less progression... tips definently appreciated thanks!

If you mean trim lower branches off I do that before I flip them. I take most of the bottom branches for clones anyway but I'll trim off the bottom 1/3 of the plant to let it focus its energy on the top of the plant.

Are you talking re-vegging? I didn't understand about the 2nd and 3rd harvest.

Rosebud said:
Are you talking re-vegging? I didn't understand about the 2nd and 3rd harvest.

I think he is referring to harvesting the plant in sections as the buds ripen and trichomes hit the harvest window.
I usually remove the lower 1/4 or so in veg to help concentrate then plants energy to the bigger buds up top. It also helps with ventilation as well. Now if you are talking about harvesting in sections then yes some of us do that as well.

Yea was referreing to harvesting in sections and to be more specific if the tips given to increase the yield of a re-vegged plant apply to one that hasnt been harvested.. that kinda answers my question tho hamster I had heard about such trimming had missed the point of no return in my eyes on that though.. definently gonna give it a spin in number two got 30 clones ready =-)

Latest posts

Back