pruning questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelskunknasty

Reaction score
when should you start to prune off leaves ive got some 7 inch ladies ( I hope!) they are getting pretty tall should i pinch back leaves or or just let them grow free? I need low bushy plants due to my grow box. They are a 3 foot strain 3 weeks into veg! I appreiciate any help thank you

how tall? Once they get about 12", one thing u can do is take a paper twist tie and put round the top of the plant and bend it to a 90 or 180 degrees angle and tie it to the bottom of da plant. leave it for about a week then untie and it should keep plant low and bushy. Really hard! But it works if you can do it.

Leaves are both the engine that powers photosynthesisand food storehouses for when the plant goes into flowering. Don't remove any. When their job is done they will fall off.
Fewer leaves means fewer, less potent buds.

Thanks guys. I dont really want to cut my babies any way. How can I keep them from getting tall and spindly? Also I have had them on 24 hour light and would like to switch down to 18/6 for the rest of the veg. Should I ween them down to 18/6 or just switch over? I dont want to shock them into flowering or mess up their photo period. Thanks!!

If it's still in the growin phase u can jus switch over, but don't do any less than 14 hours of light. If its flowering everday add on .5 hours of darkness. i.e. Day 1: 24 hours on, Day 2: 23.5 hours on and .5 off, Day 3: 23 hours on and 1 hour off just keep doing that until u get to 12 hours on and 12 hours off. In the flowerin stage the dark peiods cannot be intterupted by any light! AT ALL!!! If u hav to use some light don't allow more than a very pale moon of light and only for less than 5 minutes. Like I said before to keep the plant short and wide take a paper twist tie and put round the top of the plant and bend it to a 90 or 180 degrees angle and tie it to the bottom of da plant. leave it for about a week then untie and it should keep plant low and bushy.

Hick so if I want my plant to stay at a max of 3 feet, wat should i do?

gcr'..either by training or topping, or if they are clones you can flower them at 1 foot - 18 inches tall.

How do you train and/or top the plant?

that's why I posted the link, so you could read for yourself the various methods.

My bad I didn't see that. Thanks though.

Latest posts

Back