prunning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinherper

python reguis addict!!!
Reaction score
the pride of amsterdam is too tall. i've been under 12/12 for 3 days now. still havent seen any males. most of them have been tied down. bent in half at this point. the smaller branchs are crowding the light within hours. i cant change the distance from the light. is it ok to take the top half of some of theese girls off before they flower. i need to do a serious bushwhack.

Not the best choice if already in budding, the gals won't have a chance to heal up and you'll lose the top which produces the biggest amount of buds. Tying the gal down is a much better option, IMHO, gently bend her where you want her bent down, the tie her off. I use a clothes hanger with a bit of weight to get this started, hang it on the main stem and let it weigh her down...not too much or she'll break though!

I thought of not posting that because they were in flower, but 3 days in I dunno, it would help with the stretch too since hes all ready tying them down. If not i'm sure i'll be corrected and i'll go back to the shadows.

LOL Rev, it's all good no worries, just a good learning op (and, if I am wrong, I fully hope to be corrected as well)! :) If this were a few weeks before going to bud, you'd have time to allow the branches to grow out and they'd produce nicely.

Stretching will happen, if you let the gals get too big before budding, you're in for a fight the rest of the way through! When were these gals put into budding....fully sexually mature?? If not, I believe the stretch will be even more, IMHO, best to wait until sexually mature!

Plants will normally double in size, maybe more in some cases....the change from veg to bud really kicks it into high gear.

Roddy said:
Not the best choice if already in budding, the gals won't have a chance to heal up and you'll lose the top which produces the biggest amount of buds. Tying the gal down is a much better option, IMHO, gently bend her where you want her bent down, the tie her off. I use a clothes hanger with a bit of weight to get this started, hang it on the main stem and let it weigh her down...not too much or she'll break though!

:yeahthat: :goodposting: Good post Roddy.

i'd like to get the males out and re veg. they havent started flowering yet. so maybe i should go back to 24/7 and supercrop.

If you are running into height issues now, I would not take them out and reveg them.

I am with THG....if height is an issue now then why reveg or veg more?

tokinherper said:
i'd like to get the males out and re veg. they havent started flowering yet. so maybe i should go back to 24/7 and supercrop.

I'd do a 18/6 right now myself, but 24/7 will work as well.

If only 3 days in flower, I'd put them back under whatever veg cycle.

Then do whatever you choose to do, but get the height issue taken care of before 12/12. Roddy is spot on there with the stretch.

Haven't they shown pre flowers yet? How old are they?

Wet

a few of the feminized seeds started to show pre flowers. i still havent found a male. they are probably a month old. i just basiclly cut everything in half. i took like 5lbs of plant outta there and i still dont think i took enough. the parts of the plants that wernt getting much light started dying. i got some awesome clone cutting that are basiclly the top halfs of whole plants.

tokinherper said:
a few of the feminized seeds started to show pre flowers. i still havent found a male. they are probably a month old. i just basiclly cut everything in half. i took like 5lbs of plant outta there and i still dont think i took enough. the parts of the plants that wernt getting much light started dying. i got some awesome clone cutting that are basiclly the top halfs of whole plants.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back