P'Sam's Topical Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P'Sam

Reaction score
Starting with the roots.

neuropathy butter.png
rootin tootin.png
roots n all.png

https://hempedification.blogspot.com/2015/04/cannabis-root-therapy.htmlhttps://bloommedicinals.com/cannabis-education/the-many-surprising-benefits-of-the-cannabis-root/
Roots are usually ignored by the cannabis community, even those who claim to use the whole plant and that's probably because there's no psychoactivity associated with them. However, that hasn't always been the case as seen in the more modern links above. I wish I would have had those when I started using the roots and having to just explore.

I have been using roots for a few years now although I didn't start making into a blended cream right away. Prior to that I made a Neosporin type ointment/salve that could be used directly on cuts and abrasions and burns and other first aid type of issues that would need bandaging. I made it thick so that it would last and started using it. I'm always slicing, dicing and burning my hands and I would use the salve instead of Neosporin and found that my wounds and abrasion healed incredibly fast, bad burns that normally would blister just disappeared with no sign. You could use it on open cuts and it helps coagulate the blood to stop bleeding. And on and on...

I no longer use Neosporin and that's a big statement from me since I have a kidney transplant and always need to be aware of infections due to the immunosuppressants that I have to take to prevent rejection. The root salve is the best healer I have ever experienced for wounds or fresh scars and burns. I don't use any essential oils with the salve because they can irritate an open wound which would not be good. I also use infused almond oil and avocado oil with natural beeswax. Those are added to counter the drying effects of the root oil and helping the skin heal even quicker. The avocado oil in particular is the one that helps with the bleeding,

The neuropathy butter was created when a friend of mine with serious diabetic neuropathy in his feet decided to try some of it at the end of a grueling day. He couldn't wait to tell me how miraculous the results were. His only complaint was that it was thick and kind of oily. With that the "neuropathy butter" was born and I highly recommend it for nerve pain like neuropathy, sciatica, other spinal torture and even restless leg syndrome and narcotic withdrawal symtoms. It does include essential oils and Shea butter but much less beeswax than the salve to allow it to go on smoothly and rapidly absorb.

The "Roots & All" cream is just that. It combines all the infused oils and jojoba together in an "all-purpose" cream that provides the benefits of all of them but in less concentration and is great for mild to moderate pain, some acne issues, mild burns, massage and just about anything else you can think of. I have a friend who swears by this one and it's cleared up some actinic kerotosis on his face and he uses it daily since he's in the sun a lot.

I have a guide for making root oil that uses a ratio of 1 cup of roots to 2 cups of EVCO in a crockpot and I'll use that for the neuropathy butter and the one with all of them but I make the oil for the salve double strength, 1 cup per 1 cup. I do this because the salve is all about heavy healing, not topical relief, and it increases all the antimicrobial properties, anti-inflammatory and all the other great undocumented compounds.

I use all of these where applicable but I can testify wholeheartedly about the healing power of the roots. I have used the salve on bleeding wounds and seen them close over and begin the healing process with no inflammation or redness other than the pink new skin. I use the root cream when my rods in my back try to poke through and inflame some nerves. I use it when I feel RLS coming on, especially at bedtime.

While you can now find a lot more information on roots these days, I'm going to show you my particular way of doing these things without any special scientific equipment. It's small batch in the kitchen of your own home with your own roots and upper greenery. I'll give you my own simple formulas and you can use those as a template for your own creations. I'm going to do the same for my other topicals that kind of involves a different method than most are familiar with, infusing with alcohol instead of concentrates for those with no concentrates available or doesn't want to take the extra steps to make it. In the coming days and moving forward I will add those as I get them ready. Please feel free to ask questions or add comments any time.

Our friend Rosterman was using the "Roots 'n All" concept the last I heard.

Just_Cuz_06.gif

Last edited:
Are you planning to post the guide on how to make the above cremes, I know but would like to see if the Neuro/creme has evolved at all . Plus I want to make a new batch soon, Thanks Bro.

I can vouch for these pain cremes I still give it away to family and they all swear that it helps almost immediately . Good stuff. Well worth the time to try making a small batch and try it yourself.

Are you planning to post the guide on how to make the above cremes, I know but would like to see if the Neuro/creme has evolved at all . Plus I want to make a new batch soon, Thanks Bro.

Yep, I said that in the last paragraph. It takes me longer than it used to thanks to my destroyed shoulder but I get there eventually.
smiley on crutches (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Root Extraction

When I first was exploring the roots I couldn't really find any information about it at all. I had thought of alcohol but didn't know what compounds would be extracted and if they'd be safe since there were some hepatoxic alkalines involved. Also I didn't know what I'd be looking for anyway if I were to test it. I knew it didn't have any cannabinoids but the liver toxins had me concerned since I had Hep C. Now there's a lot more information available about other extraction methods in those links I posted above.

I chose to use EVCO (xtra virgin coconut oil) since I was familiar with that. Now I know I could have made a decoction using water and boiling it down to a paste. I may still try that sometime but EVCO does the job. There's info on alcohol extraction out there but I'm going to stick with what has worked for me. You can use other oils if you want.

The equipment I use comes from my kitchen or Goodwill, like a crockpot, which then becomes a kitchen staple. I was already seriously handicapped and looking for any relief when I started my journey, living on a low disability income so I didn't have the funds for any better tools but I learned I didn't need them. I got some later down the line to make things easier but I still mostly use the basics. I do have an ISO-3 the DGold sent me for free but I don't have the source material to put it to much use. I know there are a lot of others out there in the same shape or much worse who might benefit from this approach. New small homegrowers in the states that allow it, or not, and don't want to mess with the concentrates or have no access to them. And then there are many of us who just like to get our hands dirty.

Of course, I always recommend glassware, Pyrex or Anchor Hocking measuring cups of varying sizes as well as stainless steal, avoiding most household plastic items unless certified for food process but even then. Avoid gas if possible and always use ventilation with alcohol. A rice cooker, crockpot and a coffee warmer are almost essential tools....not mandatory but a big help and all available at Goodwill cheap. For the root extraction I used the crockpot.

I like the root oil to be strong for major healing action but I also will dilute it by half when using in some blends which is easily done as you make it. I've always used soil grown roots and it is a real pain in the patootie to get those cleaned while trying to retain as much of those fine tendrils of roots as possible. It can be done but you won't get them white. I like to use 1 cup of EVCO for each cup of flushed, cleaned and dried cannabis/hemp root. You want to make sure they have been flushed because any residue left from the growing cycles will be extracted with it. You could make it stronger, I guess, but it takes about a cup of oil to get a good cover on that cup of roots. They don't grind up real well. For larger branches you should make cuts through the surface to allow for deeper penetration.

Okay, so you've got your prepared roots and your EVCO and your crockpot. It can be a basic pot or have temperature control. Just dump your stuff in there, put on the lid and turn it on high if you have it but not if you don't. You just keep it at high until your oil gets hot then turn it to normal. Let it cook for 18-24 hours, basically a slow deep fry. I don't have any inside information on the time/temp because nothing was available in those days so I just applied a little inductive reasoning and went for it. It has continuously worked exceedingly well for myself and so many others I've taught since then.

Now you just strain your roots as best as you can then pour your root oil through a few layers of cheesecloth to capture most of the residue. If using soil-less systems will produce a pure white oil that looks no different than from regular oil but will have a fragrant nutty aroma. Soil roots will give you a light yellow-off white tint to it and that same nutty smell. That aroma is very pleasant and noticeable during the last stages of extraction and is one of the ways I use to gauge the progress.

I've bent your ears enough for one post. I'll return with the root applications I use and what makes them so special.

mange7.gif

Very interesting. Can this be used internally? And I don't mean drinking it.
My Wife had Vulvar cancer and they burned the holy fking shit out of her with radiation. She is cancer free but not pain free due to the radiation.
Do you think it would help the the damage done by the radiation? And could she use it in that manner?

My Wife had Vulvar cancer and they burned the holy fking shit out of her with radiation. She is cancer free but not pain free due to the radiation.
Do you think it would help the the damage done by the radiation? And could she use it in that manner?
That is a great question, I don't think that the root balm would be
But lets see what Sam says. They do make Cannabis suppositories' that I bet would work.
Sam?

Again with the butte bullits. It's a sickness. That things an exit, not entrance! LOL!

That is a good question. I can only speculate based on my experiences with it on abrasions and other open wounds, minor transference and nothing internal, really. They were used for over 2700 years as the paste and as a tea for such things as childbirth and other internal issues. Generally the paste or other concentrated root product would not be used for that purpose but more for external injuries including broken bones. The lower concentrated teas were what we call the "homeopathic formulations" This would be along the same scope as an oil in my thoughts which I believe in that homeopathic range and shouldn't cause any major issues but within limits.

I would recommend as a suppository in either port in that region, probably a vaginal suppository rather that rectal unless there was residual damage from the radiation. I would also recommend blending it with some cannabis oil for dilution and it's own healing benefits. You can purchase various shapes of molds for the various suppositories, blend your oils and pour, let harden and then man the torpedoes. Of course, if there are any signs of irritation or bleeding or that other stuff then they should be discontinued. I really don't think she would have any issues because it won't get further up in the system if used vaginally in particular.

Maybe Graywolf has more up to date scientific data and will be able to provide further guidance.
fouhelico.gif

I have some sugar leaves from my last grow of C99. Think if I made some oil from those and blended with coconut oil it would work?

With or without the root oil that should work well with a good concentration. I know that a cannabis oil suppository works on severe pelvic pain. I have a good friend much younger than I who was trying to do the right thing and get a vasectomy since his wife was getting concerned about cancer. Unfortunately, the doctor was not johnny on the spot which eventually lead to the loss of one of his boys and severe pelvic floor nerve pain. Using 1g of RSO and enough coconut oil to make 60mg doses and they worked so much better than the prescribed pain meds. They still work with no significant change in tolerance. His only choice was rectal but for your wife's pains I would think the other route would be more effective.

Latest posts

Back