P'Sam's Topical Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one friend swore it got him higher than smoking
He used it as beard balm too. Loves the stuff
But I also added a few zips of good flowers to it
Big Batch

My one friend swore it got him higher than smoking
He used it as beard balm too. Loves the stuff
But I also added a few zips of good flowers to it
Big Batch

The topical got him high? Not likely even a little bit. It doesn't work that way but if that's what he thinks then more power to him.
fly.gif

So if that topical is loaded with THC it won't enter the blood stream? How weird.

The topical got him high? Not likely even a little bit. It doesn't work that way but if that's what he thinks then more power to him. View attachment 285229
i ADDED ACTIVATED FLOWERS WHOOPS
I added quite a bit in the oil oil bathe crock pot and cooked it in over 12 hrs
When I strained it bare handed I was stoned all day

Found this.

Does THC Lotion Get You High?
Simply put, cannabis-infused lotion does not make you high. Cannabis does not produce its psychoactive or intoxicating effects through local applications, so people can safely get relief from cannabis lotion without getting high. People have used cannabis-infused lotion to address everything from arthritis pain to post-workout soreness, and they can do so without being concerned about a fuzzy head. It’s ok to use topical cannabis without worrying about driving, working, or anything else you have to do.

i ADDED ACTIVATED FLOWERS WHOOPS
I added quite a bit in the oil oil bathe crock pot and cooked it in over 12 hrs
When I strained it bare handed I was stoned all day

It doesn't get past the blood/brain barrier when applied topically. The cannabis material doesn't even need to be decarbed to be as effective. Sometimes I will just decarb about halfway so that I get the benefits of both the THC and the THCa. If you make a strong activated oil then you may feel something after hand straining. I have experienced that and many others that I know of have experienced it, too, but that is only from the concentrated oil and not the finished topical. That effect doesn't last long, though, mainly just that first time. I only felt that once. Alcohol extraction will do the same thing only more so. For me it was like a rush then dissipated.
Just_Cuz_06.gif

Where ya been ?
I wanted to say my wife has been helping me make some fast edie cookies

She takes 2 packages of instant oaks (maple brown sugar free)
adds boiling water approx 1 cup which makes the dry oats mixable (make watery)
add in 3/4 cup dry morning cereal flakes (we have used total and raisin bran at different times)
Mix in by hand don't make mush of it gently ,
add in 2 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter chunky style.
Then a butter flavored sugar free Mrs Butterworths maple syrup 2tbsp.
Finally mix in 1/2 tsp baking powder and 2 tbsp of flour. along with 1 oz of favorite tincture
Again gently stirring . (side note if mix is still to watery for making cookies add lil more cereral
Mix gentle again until equally distributed .

Place scoops of batter ( make the size of the mound so they come out around 2 inches wide ) onto parchment paper on cookie pan and bake at 350gegs F for 20mins , check after 15 in case you make smaller.
Just she wings it so she says so you may have to also

I haven't deserted the place. I keep trying to get more in here but I'm having trouble with my eyes, cataracts and other stuff, and I can't see anything clearly which makes reading a real *****. One cataract has "matured" and is now floating around and has been for a couple of months but I could still see well enough with my other eye and glasses to get by. Now it seems in the last couple of weeks something has happened to the other. It also had a cataract but at last check it wasn't at that point yet. I can make it through short posts like this but trying anything more complex has been giving me headaches.

Those cookies sound convenient and easily doable. She just pours the GD into the batter? That should work.
dragon.gif

I haven't deserted the place. I keep trying to get more in here but I'm having trouble with my eyes, cataracts and other stuff, and I can't see anything clearly which makes reading a real *****. One cataract has "matured" and is now floating around and has been for a couple of months but I could still see well enough with my other eye and glasses to get by. Now it seems in the last couple of weeks something has happened to the other. It also had a cataract but at last check it wasn't at that point yet. I can make it through short posts like this but trying anything more complex has been giving me headaches.

Those cookies sound convenient and easily doable. She just pours the GD into the batter? That should work. View attachment 285992
Hey I just out of here now I have to sign off
Great to see you, I be on tomorrow off and on as always
Yes I measure the shot and she pours in and blends it in at the end of the mix process
Really not meant as a recipe I would have write it up better.
Glad to see you too are you able to get that surgery to fix your eyes again

Man I hope so. Later agtor

roots n all.png

"Roots 'n All" is a general all purpose balm that can range from the very simple to very complex that includes everything but the kitchen sink. And the method of making it can vary from direct extraction to concentrate infusion. I use a version of infusion where I use a solvent transfer into my oils instead of making RSO although I do use dispensary concentrates when I don't have material to extract. Rosterman on the other hand uses the direct extraction method for his. That's mainly just adding everything together in a crockpot. "Everything" in this case would be either the roots or root oil along with the upper plant to provide the cannabinoids and maybe some other herbs as well, such as arnica and others.

Where the previous formulations above were using only the root for a more targeted purpose, this one would be used on your aches and pains and other issues but with an added bonus of the roots and other herbs as an enhancement. The infusion method would be the best if you wanted more control of the dosing of your topical. I'm able to ensure I have about 150mg per ounce. Of course that is only for the cannabinoids. There's no real way to tell about the portion of roots or root oil since it's directly extracted. If using the crockpot method you would estimate your strength by the ratios of each material you use. This is a THC dominant topical that just uses roots as an additive.

I'll tell you how I make my version of this and maybe Rosterman will run us through his, too. It's all variable and most folks finally arrive at the best formula for them.

Roots 'n All (Infusion method)

1g RSO or the equivalent (Will explain "solvent transfer" in a future post)
1oz (30ml) root oil
2oz (60ml) plain coconut oil
10ml sweet almond oil
10ml avocado oil
10ml jojoba oil
20g Shea butter
24g beeswax
Essential oils

Combine all of your oils but not the Shea butter nor the beeswax. Heat your oils to about 180°F to ensure the concentrate fully dissolves into the oil blend. Add your concentrate to the oil. That can be done as you start your heat. It doesn't have to be for a specific time frame as long as it dissolves and reaches temperature. I've read that THC goes "molten" at that temp and bonds better. Don't know if that's true or not.

Good RSO is going to average around 60% THC, 600mg, so that's going to be about 150mg per ounce of oil. Once the Shea and beeswax are added you'll net about 5oz of your topical at 125mg per ounce.

Once you've gotten your oils infused, start a water bath. In a pyrex cup add your oils and place in the bath. Add the Shea butter to the cup and let it heat until the butter is fully dissolved. Add your beeswax at that time and continue heating until it fully dissolves, too. Take it out of the water bath and let it cool to 150°F before adding your essential oils then stir them in well. At this point I used to just whip it until it cooled enough but that would take a while but now I make room in the freezer and set it in there for about 5 minutes at a time then take it out and whip it all back into shape. I do this until the temp drops to ~120°. Then whip it good until the temperature is under 110°. At that point you can pour it into your containers.

Again, this is an "all-purpose" cream that provides the benefits of all of the ingredients but in less concentration and is great for mild to moderate pain, some acne issues, mild burns, massage and just about anything else you can think of. I have a friend who swears by this one and it's cleared up some actinic kerotosis on his face and he uses it daily since he's in the sun a lot. I'm giving you my formulation only to provide a template for your own versions.

This finishes up the root section unless something new comes up or if there are questions down the line but we're not finished with the topicals. i'll be including other various cannabis topicals using the cannabinoids as the active ingredients. This will include beeswax based salves/butters to water based lotions that can be pumped from a bottle like Jergen's or some such to cannabis infused soap.

fouhelico.gif

Not that many would care
My friend Sam is dying and in the last weeks or days of his life
Pray the Angels take you quickly and the pain does not linger on My you find Peace in an afterlife Old Friend.

Hey I just out of here now I have to sign off
Great to see you, I be on tomorrow off and on as always
Yes I measure the shot and she pours in and blends it in at the end of the mix process
Really not meant as a recipe I would have write it up better.
Glad to see you too are you able to get that surgery to fix your eyes again

Man I hope so. Later agtor
Look at the way I was writing back then compared to today.
My mind has become much clearer.

Latest posts

Back