Pukka Skunk Disaster !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolly green giant

Reaction score
Hi All,:eek:

Well, these 'pukka skunk' aren't so pukka after all :(

We went up to give them a little drink this afternoon and look what we discovered

3 HERMIES :mad:

This one shows the growth a little clearer

3 of the little sods out of 10 @ £75.00 ain't good business

We'll have to watch them very closely over the next couple of weeks cos we've got another possilbe and we sure as hell aren't going to risk losing the lot at that price

I'm gutted, what more can I say except "should have stayed with dutch passion"

Regards

JGG

Yeah, the sad story w/ seeds. I decided to plant a few this time around... 3 of my most beautiful plants turned out bad... sux!

the problem is that you tried to grow them on your keyboard , not optimum conditions. (sorry)

they look just like males to me, although I'm no expert.

still a bummer.

veg the females you get then take clones-it will make up for what you have ost in a couple of months.

hey JGG, mind saying where you got 'em ?..bank and/or breeder. Were the those "wonderfull" feminised specimens?
Thought it might be beneficial to other members considering a purchase.
thanks

Hey JGG if you still have 6-7 females it's not that bad of a situation...However I see your point when you pay 75 euro for seeds that are supposedly guaranteed female you should get what you paid for. I have checked some of your other posts and pics so I know you have what it takes to maximize whatever females you do get, good luck with that! I will say this though, I purchased my seeds from Nirvana Seed Shop and out of 4 Misty non-feminezed seeds I got 3 females and one hermie...no true male. I am in no way trying to rub it in, all I am saying is maybe if you get 3 hermies and 7 females that may be good in the eyes of the seed dealer. I think I have read somewhere that feminized seeds have a tendancy to go hermie, is this true??? Also are you supposed to get 100% females or is there a normal ratio??? I think it would be definitely helpful to know where you purchased them and what your grow consisted of. Do you think it could have been conditions or stress that led to them go herm??...I am just asking this question because I have had 2 go hermie on me recently (one bagseed and one misty) and I think it was Hick that said in one of my posts "there seems to be alot of freaky she-males popping in everyones gardens". I think it could be useful if we compare grow situations. Sorry I am blown and rambling on, here is my setup:

I had 2 go hermie on me and they both showed distinct signs in veg...

VEG:

400 watt MH (flow-thru vents) 24/7 Schedule
8 sq ft space
Usually no more than 4 plants
3 gall pots
Soil (Fox Farm Ocean and Forest)
Nutes (GH Flora Nova Veg, Botanicare Liquid Karma) reduced strength every watering
Max Temp 85'F / Humidity 35%

Flower:

400 watt HPS (exposed reflector) Good intake / outake setup-12/12 Schedule
6 sq ft space
No more than 3-4 plants
3 gall pots
Soil (Fox Farm Ocean and Forest)
Nutes (GH Flora Nova Bloom, Botanicare Liquid Karma) reduced strength every watering
Max Temp 85'F / Humidity 35%

One of the 2 hermies was topped and pruned in veg(bagseed) and one was left alone in veg (Misty)

If anyone sees anything in my setup that could cause stress let me know!!!

Sorry for blabbing on and on, I thought this would be interesting...

Peace Out and GG

Hi Guys

Thanks for your kind words, by the way another one has turned so now there are '6'

The seeds were bought from the "Pukka Seed Company" which I heard about from a pal and it's the first link you get if you type "pukka seeds" into google!

GOOD IDEA HICK I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT MAN!

Here's a link to if it if anyone wants to have a look but I certaintly would NOT recommend trying any purchase, stay with who and what you know, that is a very important thing I've learned from this little hiccup.

Hey DillaWilla you old stoner man, don't ever think that I aint interested or that I get bored with as much as you want to write about any of my stuff, I know exactly what you mean when your stoned with a keyboard in front of you, you and I, lol just can't stop typing can you?, AND BESIDES I'm really grateful for all of the help that all you guys on here give out, you really did go into great detail there DillaWilla .

As far as my set-up goes (if you could call it a set-up that is), I have
  1. 600W HPS (also got a 400 & 250 HPS) they get used now & again if we get a big grow going!
  2. 10 well, 6 (lol) X 14" buckets with holes cut into the bottom for drainage
  3. john innes seed & cutting compost
  4. john innes soil number ???~(my partner picks up the sup[plies, I'm banished from driving just now :(
  5. 1X50W electric fan
  6. insulated foil stuff on various parts of the cold brick walls in my attic
And that's it!

You can always think of an extra few words just to tag on the end, then onto the end of that, You know what I mean man? divvint yi? lol

Regards, and again, many thanks!

JGG (still a bit :mad: but getting there (time for another one thinks lol))

ps. do you think they'd give me compensation, they say that they are 99% feminised but I got it down at 60% at the minute, (and counting(Ihope not lol))

Latest posts

Back