Pulling the trigger on LED's I believe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad you took a moment to come into my thread..

WHAT WAS I THINKING??!!??! Things that get me most. I was worried about coverage, and you've fixed that by putting a single 400w to every plant. Then, growth. Normally I bring the plant to the light to change canopy and make it even, but I'm not doing that with an 18 gal tote!! Also, and finally but not least... why buy one darn unit, and have it break then be out (have to install HPS to make it by) and all that.. when if 1 of the 4 goes out, I just adjust my positioning till the 4th gets back from return if it dies out.

Thank you PJ for showing me THE LIGHT (bwahahahahha!!) :D :aok:

Ok, so 8x Mars II 400w's? I will get to the bank today, and make it so if that's how you feel good sir. :)

...now I have to wait another hour and a half for my hydro store to open, so I can cancel that deposit.

I honestly can not wait for these LED's. PJ has allowed me to make my purchasing process a lot more confidently! I can't believe I almost tried to cover THAT space with ONE light fixture.... also; All those bells and whistles on the Kind light...yeah, don't need em. I do not need a built in timer, remote and frilly jazz that jacks up price and also adds more components to have a chance to fail, in an already cluttered light fixture (it seems)..

PJ,
Do not know a better person to ask about this. Thanks in advance for your insight into this. I have 2 Advanced Diamond Series DS300`s (6 grows completed) and am wanting to add another. On Amazon, there is a company, Platinum LED, that uses the name of Advanced Platinum Series P300 on a LED light, that ships in 2-3 weeks. (most likely from China). Advanced LED is in Arkansas and ships from there. Looks to me like one company is using the other`s good name and confusing people. Any knowledge about this? What do you think about the Advanced Diamond Series LED`s? Thanks again.

Doc,
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but wanted PJ`s knowledge on this.
PS,
Advanced Diamond Series DS300 is $795.
"Advanced" Platinum Series P300 is $369.

Last edited:
PJ,
Do not know a better person to ask about this. Thanks in advance for your insight into this. I have 2 Advanced Diamond Series DS300`s (6 grows completed) and am wanting to add another. On Amazon, there is a company, Platinum LED, that uses the name of Advanced Platinum Series P300 on a LED light, that ships in 2-3 weeks. (most likely from China). Advanced LED is in Arkansas and ships from there. Looks to me like one company is using the other`s good name and confusing people. Any knowledge about this? What do you think about the Advanced Diamond Series LED`s? Thanks again.

Doc,
Yes, and Advanced had posted that if you were buying their lights from Amazon, that they were not theirs as they did not sell throigh Amazon. That was a while back though so maybe that's changed?? Not sure.

In any event, I have always felt like their lights were expensive and they were very rude a few years back when I questioned them on some claims they were making at an event in Detroit. Major ego those guys, but hey if you're happy with them so be it.

I'd just order direct from them and not take any chances.

PJ,
Thanks for answering my questions. I do remember the posting about buying off of Amazon. Have any knowledge of Lush Lighting LED`s ? Talked with them at the Cup in Clio, Mi. last summer. Sorry for all the questions.

No worries, I don't feel as though I've been thread jacked Yooper :aok:

Any and all LED convo is welcome in here.

This has been a hilarious day. You see, I'm trusting PJ and moving forward with the Mars II's.. but, I call my hydro store and surely he warned me against the lights. Gave me my money back no problem, and did understand that I would be under lighting had I gone with the Kind K5 XL750, just warned me against those Mars lights and other cheaper products. I knew he would.. lol. Ok, I call another hydro store in the state to see what they have available for LED fixtures. Some brand I never heard of, but said they can get any LED I wanted, then asked the application being used for the LED. Told me he was an electrician for 42 years and never seen an HPS bulb blow or cause any fire damage. Also said LED technology is SO far behind HPS, they are only good for adding extra red and blue spectrum and to still with my two 600w HPS in each tent. I get off the phone and at this point I'm honestly laughing so hard. Meanwhile, I get a PM on here mentioning not to buy cheap Chinese lights....

This is so hilarious! Everyone is pointing and nay saying and boasting different things. Now, I'm going to entrust myself with PJ, because then if it all fails I can point my finger at him and wiggle it around whilst screaming "YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!" (lol.. j/k ;) )

I just think he nailed it. I should do the cheaper lights, massively saturate my area with lights, giving each plant it's own light, and go with that route. Just going to read around a bit, and come to some final conclusions but I've found this to be extremely comical. :D

I do strongly believe that several smaller watt lights are a better way to go then having only one high watt light. Cover more area and big reason being if one breaks down, ya still have a good light working. When I was researching LED`s, it was funny reading some of the people`s knowledge or lack there of. Used a lot of head to head grows to help decide. Advanced LED`s came out on top more often then not. IMO.

Alright, 8x Mars II 400w's it is officially, just waiting to get ahold of Sara over at Mars Hydro. I may even get a deal and / or some "goodies" by going through her and referencing this thread I found on a forum.

:D

Thanks again PJ! Going to be switching my HPS out immediately when they come in. I wonder how long they will take to ship. I think the warehouse is in Cali, so that's across country, so probably 7-10 days. Can not wait!

Any tricks to "daisy chaining" these 4 in the tent, PJ? Or should I be able to easily just figure it out? :)

I ment is there any tricks to how to keep the cord. You know?

I know I know.. simplistic questions. Just trying to sort out things 100% :)

Thanks for stopping in HL :aok:

You gonna have fun !!!!!

I have one advanced platnium led....how can they be a, knock off with differnt name one is advanced diamondled..other is advanced plantnium led ...yes they look alike but i gor mine shipped from inside usa not from china...they have a 2 weekwait on them already talk to customer servixe from amazon....yes plarniumdiamond owner is an asss yes he is very rude would never buy from him again...I just had my first grow with them rhey work great....advanced platnium led 300 I used..

PJ,

Doc,
PS,
Advanced Diamond Series DS300 is $795.
"Advanced" Platinum Series P300 is $369.

Ok, it's official... 8x Mars II 400w LED fixtures, are on their way to my house.

Some people will think this is amazing.. some people will think this is absolutely atrocious.

Well, let's see what happens :D I'm not selling out my HID fixtures, just YET!

Mars-II-400W-LED-Grow-Light-2014-New-5W-Chip-LED-Grow-Lights-China-11-Band.jpg

Congrats on joining the LED growers.

I have one advanced platnium led....how can they be a, knock off with differnt name one is advanced diamondled..other is advanced plantnium led ...yes they look alike but i gor mine shipped from inside usa not from china...they have a 2 weekwait on them already talk to customer servixe from amazon....yes plarniumdiamond owner is an asss yes he is very rude would never buy from him again...I just had my first grow with them rhey work great....advanced platnium led 300 I used..

They are 2 different company`s. Advanced LED`s makes several different LED series of lights, that is the name of the company. The other company, according to their web site, is called Platinum LED`s. In their ads they are called Advanced Platinum LED`s. Both names are from their web sites.

I think this year.. I'm going to take my 2 flower tents down, frame out a single room, panda film it, and buy a mini split A/C for heat and cool. Then, work on CO2...

This is going to be an interesting year.

PJ,
Thanks for answering my questions. I do remember the posting about buying off of Amazon. Have any knowledge of Lush Lighting LED`s ? Talked with them at the Cup in Clio, Mi. last summer. Sorry for all the questions.
Lush I do not know. That said, I am quite sure they are a re brander. I did a lot of snooping around a few years ago and knew who was who, but they are fairly new to the game. I do know they are over at 420mag as a sponsor so if there is or are issues with their lights the news will be out pretty soon.

Looks like they are about 3 bucks a watt. Too much IMO.

I talked to Sara, the rep with 420 mag, to get my full on deal with the Mars II's. Thanks so much PJ, I can't wait for my order to get here!!!

Doing the happy dance! :D

WOW! Purchased last night at 8pm my time... and tracking number is showing my delivery to be tomorrow!

WOOooooo hoo! :)

Ok.... now I have to figure out how I should be using my 435cfm 6" fan and 375cfm 4" fan for each of my flowering tents. Also, do I need even more OSC fans inside, to push air over the LED's? I'm such a noob, help! I'll be setting my entire room up later tonight just before lights on. When I get lights on, they will be awaken with a new spectrum of light. :D Hope I don't stress em out too much lol

*after thought*
Maybe I should make a thread for this.

Latest posts

Back